This article is a preview for Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 3, and contains information on the release date and where to watch online.
The debut of the first two episodes of the brand new Hulu docuseries Legacy: The True Story of LA Lakers has arrived. Below is everything that went down in them and what is ahead for episode 3.
- We get a little bit of a backstory of how Jerry Buss purchased the Lakers.
- Jerry West couldn’t adapt to being a Head Coach, so he left the Lakers.
- Jerry Buss was a player and it started to take a toll on his relationship.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabar struggled with the arrival of Magic Johnson.
- The Lakers win the championship in Jerry Buss and Magic Johnson’s first year with the team.
- Things aren’t going as planned for the Lakers and Magic Johnson wasn’t having it. So, he requested to be traded if Head Coach Paul Westhead wasn’t fired.
- After Westhead was fired, Pat Riley was hired as the Head Coach. We saw him hire Jerry West as the offensive coach for the team.
- Magic Johnson signed a 25-year, $25 million deal to stay with the Lakers. Because of this, owners, coaches and players around the league became upset.
- Riley delivered on what Magic wanted on the court as the Lakers won another NBA Championship.
- Jeanie Buss was hired as the GM.
- The Lakers made a trade with the Cavaliers that ended up with the number one overall pick. They ended up picking James Worthy.
- After winning the championship, the Lakers got swept by Dr. J and the Sixers the following year.
- The Lakers came back from down against the Celtics to win another NBA Championship.
Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 3 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Monday, August 22nd, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 3 on Hulu at the date mentioned above
- The Lakers continue to be the talk of the two attracting more and more Hollywood personalities to their games.
- Magic Johnson and Jerry Buss’s off-the-court relationship continues to hinder the team’s morale.
- We take a hard look at the Lakers of the 80s.
- We get more of the Larry Bird and Celtics feud with the Lakers.