This article is a preview for Industry season 2, episode 4, “The Are Some Women…”, and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Industry is, essentially, HBO’s halfway point between Succession and Euphoria — a workplace drama about deplorable people in a cutthroat business who also happen to be drug-addled sex-mad sociopaths. It was a weird release in 2020, dumped in bulk onto both HBO Max in America and BBC iPlayer in the UK, but it obviously did well enough to justify a second season that, it seems, will follow a more traditional weekly release cadence.
Industry season 2, episode 3 recap
The second season continued with “The Fool” and let off the gas a little in order to focus on what was essentially a game of 3D chess between Harper and Eric as the student tried to surpass the master. Here’s what happened, in summary:
- Eric wanted Jesse to sell to Felim, a more trusted long-term Pierpoint client more in-tune with the company’s agenda, and Harper realized if she could circumvent that deal then she could quickly establish herself as an extremely valued asset to the company because of her close relationship with Jesse. And she spent the entire episode doing just that during a hunting trip to Wales.
- Yasmin had a terrible episode — she was embarrassed by her dad, chewed out by Celeste, and had to turn to Kenny for help. She even failed in seducing Robert, who just safely went to bed rather than risk the humiliation.
- Speaking of which, Robert still has his sexual hang-ups with everyone other than Nicole.
- Gus is tutoring Jesse’s rebellious son and this very much seems like an arrangement that isn’t going to yield good things.
Industry season 2, episode 4 release date
“There Are Some Women…” will release on Monday, August 22, at 9pm ET on HBO and HBO Max. It’ll be the fourth of eight episodes, airing every Monday between now and September 19.
Where to watch Industry online
As stated above, Industry is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max, where it can be viewed with a subscription.
Predictions for “There Are Some Women…”:
The official synopsis runs thusly, per IMDb:
Reeling from the Felim fallout, Eric takes some time to reassess his next move – which later finds him on a plane to New York. While continuing to reap the rewards of closing Bloom as a client, Harper begins to grow closer to Danny. As she moves towards managing her family’s money, Yasmin learns some startling truths about her father.
We can make some logical assumptions from this, but here are some other things that might happen:
- Eric isn’t going to take Harper’s betrayal laying down, but I’m not sure what options and allies he even has at this point.
- I mentioned it in the recap but Robert’s sexual woes are clearly building to some kind of payoff. But what? Maybe it’ll dovetail with his obviously still on-going will-they-won’t-they relationship with Yasmin.
- Gus isn’t mentioned in the synopsis above, but I suspect we’ll see some more of that predicament.
- What’s Yas’s father hiding? Is he secretly broke in some way? It wouldn’t surprise me, and it would radically reshape Yas’s perspective knowing she’s no longer the “publishing heiress”. Time will tell.