This article contains predictions that may constitute spoilers for the Netflix K-Drama series Cafe Minamdang season 1, episodes 17 and 18.
Ahead of next week’s finale, Cafe Minamdang threw viewers plenty of curveballs. From shocking revelations, to unexpected plot developments, there was a lot to unpack. If you’re in need of a quick refresher, here’s what went down:
- Do-won was revealed to be Gopuri, and the real person pulling the strings of the cartel.
- Auntie Im has died, with Han-joon framed for the murder.
- Tae-su framed Auntie Im, and escaped from his arrest.
- Hye-jun and Su-cheol have been allowed to date.
- Han-joon and Jae-hui’s relationship has been somewhat strained.
Here is an excerpt from our episode 16 recap:
“At Minamdang, Han-joon wakes up coughing, only to notice the bloodied dress of Auntie Im lying in front of him. Things quickly get worse too, as Do-won barges in with the police (in addition to those close to him) who, upon seeing a knife in the former profiler’s hand, arrest him for murder without a warrant. With everyone stunned, we move to the epilogue, which shows how the whole situation unfolded thanks to the help of an obedient Tae-su. “You’ve gone mad playing judge, and will eventually end up dying at his hands,” Auntie Im says in her dying moments, remembering the prophecy given to her by Han-joon as the episode ends.”
Cafe Minamdang season 1, episodes 17 and 18 release date/time
Cafe Minamdang season 1, episode 17 will be released on August 22, 2022. The usual time is 3:00 pm (BST), but sometimes this varies. We do not anticipate any changes to the schedule yet (sometimes this happens in the K-Drama world.). Cafe Minamdang season 1, episode 18 will air at the same time the next day, August 23.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can watch Cafe Minamdang episodes 17 and 18 on Netflix at the date and time mentioned above. Apart from its release on Netflix, viewers in South Korea can watch the episode by tuning in to KBS2 every Monday and Tuesday at 21:00 (KST).
Episodes 17 and 18 predictions/spoilers
- Do-won’s identity is uncovered, and Han-joon becomes a free man.
- Tae-su eventually breaks from his stone-faced persona.
- Seung-won attempts to work with his brother, but gets used as bait.
- Jae-hui and Han-joon are allowed to live a peaceful life together.
- Eventually, the remaining villains get their ultimate comeuppance of jail time.