This article is a preview for Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 7, and contains information on the release date and where to watch online.
We had some incredible drama this week on Legacy: The True Story of LA Lakers that surrounded the arrival of Shaq and Kobe in LA. From them not getting along to Kobe trying to be the man to them being beat time and time again in the playoffs, something had to change. Here’s everything that went down in season 1, episode 6.
- Shaq and Kobe’s era has taken LA by storm. We saw fans and even celebrities wanting to make sure they don’t miss these two on the court together.
- The Buss family drama continued with Jeanie’s divorce, a little confusion about who is doing what, and the entire crew was trying to get their dad’s attention in attempting to be at the top.
- The Lakers were still young, but they made the playoffs. However, it was Game 5 of the Western Conference Semifinals, and they were down 3-1. A young Kobe tried to take over and ultimately lost them the game.
- Despite spending a ton of money on Shaq and trading for Kobe, the team couldn’t get over the hump in the playoffs.
- Shaq and Del Harris bumped heads, which led to the firing of Harris. Jerry Buss knew he needed to make the moves to make this team exceed expectations.
- Jerry Buss bought the Forum causing the movement of the LA Lakers home arena.
- Jeanie Buss was named executive of business operations. But unfortunately, her siblings didn’t take it that well.
- The Lakers have returned to the playoffs to take on the Spurs, but they were swept in the Semifinals. At this moment, Shaq went into the front office and said they should go after Phil Jackson.
- The recruitment of Phil by Shaq is one of the best stories you will hear in this show.
- Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson talked about how their relationship (never knew) began.
- Phil Jackson has made an immediate impact by trying to force the team to get along, starting with meditation.
- Game 7 against the Portland Trailblazers, they are down double-digit points, and Phil lit a spark under the team’s a*s as they went on to win the game.
- Shaq and Kobe found their mojo in that game, which led to chemistry that was much needed to finally spark this team to win their first title.
Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 7 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Monday, September 19th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 7 on Hulu on the date mentioned above.
- The dynasty has finally started with the Lakers winning two more NBA Championship with Kobe and Shaq at the helm.
- The egos start to divide Kobe and Shaq, leading to Shaq’s departure from the Lakers.