This article is a preview for Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 9, and contains information on the release date and where to watch online.
We had a very Kobe-centric episode of Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers, leading to us seeing the rise of the Kobe era. It was an emotionally charged episode where we witnessed greatness. Here is everything that went down in season 1, episode 8.
- Shaq is gone, Phil is gone, but the Lakers are struggling, and after one season, we see the return of Phil Jackson to the team.
- The first matchup between Shaq and Kobe didn’t go the way Kobe wanted as he missed the game-winning shot.
- Andrew Bynum was the eye of the prize for new GM Jimmy Buss. Regardless of the bad wrap around his injuries and lack of experience, Buss was taking him. Buss knew that if he could hit a home run with Bynum, it would make him look good to his father.
- The Bynum project wasn’t going well, leading to frustration from the team and Kobe. Kobe basically said he needed help or he wanted out.
- While Kobe was struggling without Shaq, Shaq went on to win a championship with the Miami Heat in his first year with the team.
- Kobe changes his number from 8 to 24.
- Pau Gasol comes to LA, which helps propel the team to the finals, but they met their match by losing to the Celtics in the championship.
- The grind becomes even clearer for Kobe as he focuses on working with his teammates to overcome and win his first title post-Shaq.
Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 9 release date
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Hulu on Tuesday, October 5th, 2022.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers season 1, episode 9 on Hulu on the date mentioned above.
- Now that Kobe has won one championship without Shaq, he strives to win another.
- Phil Jackson retires, leaving more questions than answers.
- The birth of Lebron in LA.