This article is a preview for Andor season 1, episode 5 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Set five years before the events of Rogue One, Disney+’s latest Star Wars original series, Andor, seems to function without the need for heavy-handed pandering and weaponized nostalgia. It’s a relatively grounded, serious, and slow-paced affair about a man finding meaning in a burgeoning rebellion after trying to carve out a hardscrabble existence within corporate authority and Imperial rule.
Here’s everything we know about the latest episode.
Andor season 1, episode 4 recap
- Luthen talked Cassian into helping a resistance movement on Aldhani steal the quarterly payroll from an Imperial garrison. He ingratiated himself within the group under the alias “Clem” and agreed to help them pull off what seems like a suicide mission.
- Luthen — who runs an antiques shop on Coruscant — conspired with Mon Mothma to overthrow the Empire from within, but political volatility is making their subterfuge increasingly difficult.
- The Imperial Security Bureau despatched an agent to clean up the mess on Ferrix.
- Another ISB agent, Dedra, sought authorization into the stolen Imperial tech that she believes suggests a burgeoning rebel movement. She was denied… for now.
Andor season 1, episode 5 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, October 5 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8am (GMT), exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch Andor online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
How many episodes will Andor have?
Andor will have 12 episodes, which is more than usual. It seems like Disney are deliberately trying to tell a longer, more patient story here, so once it has settled in a weekly cadence, it’ll be interesting to see where the whole thing goes.
Who is in the cast?
- Diego Luna as Cassian Andor
Stellan Skarsgård as Luthen Rael
Kyle Soller as Syril Karn
Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma
Adria Arjona as Bix Caleen
Fiona Shaw as Maarva
Expect other faces to occur in either recurring or guest capacities as well, including some Star Wars faithfuls.
Both the title and synopsis of next week’s episode are completely under wraps, but here’s some idle speculation:
- Cassian and the others will probably begin their operation, and it’ll doubtlessly go wrong.
- Mon Mothma’s husband is absolutely not to be trusted, right?
- I can imagine Luthen has a very close call coming on the near horizon, one that might threaten his position on Coruscant.
- Will Syril try to regain some face by going against the ISB? Maybe. His inflated sense of self-importance will mean he’s not very well suited to being a lackey.
Our recap of Andor season 1, episode 4.
Our spoiler-free Andor season review.