his article is a preview for Andor season 1, episode 6 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Set five years before the events of Rogue One, Disney+’s latest Star Wars original series, Andor, seems to function without the need for heavy-handed pandering and weaponized nostalgia. It’s a relatively grounded, serious, and slow-paced affair about a man finding meaning in a burgeoning rebellion after trying to carve out a hardscrabble existence within corporate authority and Imperial rule.
Here’s everything we know about the latest episode.
Andor season 1, episode 5 recap
- The rebels continued to obsess over the fine details of the upcoming payroll heist, realizing along the way that there are many holes in the plan and virtually none of them beyond Cassian have any relevant expertise.
- Cassian also revealed — admittedly after Skeen discovered his Kyber crystal — that he was only there because he was being paid, which doesn’t exactly mesh well with their passionate idealism.
- Syril Karn returned home to his mother, who berated him about his lack of future job prospects and called in a favor from his mysterious uncle Harlo which will presumably get him back on track.
- Meero doubled down on her efforts to prove that the thefts of Imperial tech are connected.
Andor season 1, episode 6 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, October 13 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8am (GMT), exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch Andor online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
How many episodes will Andor have?
Andor will have 12 episodes, which is more than usual. It seems like Disney are deliberately trying to tell a longer, more patient story here, so once it has settled in a weekly cadence, it’ll be interesting to see where the whole thing goes.
Who is in the cast?
- Diego Luna as Cassian Andor
Stellan Skarsgård as Luthen Rael
Kyle Soller as Syril Karn
Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma
Adria Arjona as Bix Caleen
Fiona Shaw as Maarva
Expect other faces to occur in either recurring or guest capacities as well, including some Star Wars faithfuls.
Both the title and synopsis of next week’s episode are completely under wraps, but here’s some idle speculation:
- I expected the heist to go off this week, but we got another forty-five minutes of build-up instead. So, the heist will surely go off next week.
- Who is Syril’s Uncle Harlo? What kind of strings can he pull? And how will all of this inevitably put Syril in the crosshairs of the Empire when it comes to matters of leadership? I expect him to make some bold choices in the service of his own ambition in coming weeks.
- I feel like the show is using Mon Mothma’s relationship with her husband as a kind of metaphor for her relationship with the Empire at large. Thus, I think we can expect her eventual emancipation from him to dovetail with her more open embrace of the rebellion.
Our recap of Andor season 1, episode 5.
Our recap of Andor season 1, episode 6. (Will go live once the episode airs.)