This article contains predictions for the Peacock series A Friend of the Family season 1, episode 5, and includes the release date and where to watch online.
A Friend of the Family episode 4 was the best episode of the series to date, a sobering and angry turn of events that saw the Brobergs themselves come under the spotlight and Robert Berchtold’s monstrosity and manipulations become ever more horrifying. Here’s what happened in “Articles of Faith”:
- The Brobergs were talked into signing an affidavit claiming Robert Berchtold did nothing wrong, something which angered the DA and which could have had repercussions in their prosecution of Berchtold.
- Bob Broberg was disfellowshipped from the church after admitting to his sexual encounter with Robert.
- A hearing to determine a trial saw Mary Ann and Bob Broberg called into question over their parenting skills and Bob’s friendship with Robert.
- Mary Ann visited Robert and ended up kissing him in the final scene of the episode.
A Friend of the Family season 1, episode 5 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to release on Peacock on Thursday, October 13th, 2022. The release time is 12 am ET/ 8am GMT. Episode 5 is titled “The Bitter Cup” and will have a run time of 52 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch A Friend of the Family season 1, episode 5, on Peacock on the date mentioned above.
The final scene of “Articles of Faith” was a moment that was sure to draw out a big response from viewers of the series. Some predictions about what might happen next:
- With the Brobergs’ marriage already under a lot of strain, Mary Ann starting an affair with Robert is certainly sure to add more issues to their already tense union.
- The District Attorney and the FBI are already deeply annoyed at the Brobergs for being too close to Robert and his family. There are sure to be some bitter reactions to them having restarted contact with the family.
- Robert will for sure use his relationship with Mary Ann as a way to make contact with Jan.
- Given what the 1970s was like, no doubt Bob will possibly face some sort of social backlash if word of his ‘sinful moment’ with Robert is revealed.
You can watch this series with a subscription to Peacock.