This article is a preview for American Gigolo season 1, episode 6, and contains details of the release date/time and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
David Hollander’s Showtime remake of Paul Schrader’s 1980 classic American Gigolo imagines a different version of the same story in which high-class male escort Julian Kaye was never given an alibi by his lover, Michelle, and instead spent 15 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Suddenly free after a contract killer confesses to the crime on his deathbed, Julian is dropped back into his old life and attempts both to reconnect with his lover and unravel the mystery of who framed him.
American Gigolo episode 5 tied up several of the ongoing plot threads with a big revelation. Here’s what happened, in summary:
American Gigolo season 1, episode 5 recap:
- Michelle revealed to Julian that Colin was his son, and tasked him with finding the kid before Panish or the police.
- Julian turned to one of his old friends, a prostitute named Diamond, to help track Colin down. And he was almost able to… but was arrested by the police just before he was able to intervene.
- Why? Because Panish has framed Julian for Elizabeth’s murder.
- Meanwhile, Sunday told Michelle she was trying to help Julian, coaxing Michelle into revealing the truth about what happened in the motel room and her relationship with Julian.
- Sunday let on about Micelle’s relationship to Stratton, who pushed out Panish, knowing he had covered up the affair.
American Gigolo season 1, episode 6 release date
The latest episode, titled “Sunday Girl”, will debut on Showtime for subscribers on Friday, October 14, and then on the Showtime channel on Sunday, October 16.
Where to watch American Gigolo season 1, episode 6 online
As mentioned above, American Gigolo is a Showtime original and can be viewed on the channel or app, either live or on-demand.
Preview and predictions for “Sunday Girl”:
The official synopsis is as follows:
On the brink of another life sentence, Julian and Sunday wrestle with their roles in his first conviction. Michelle betrays her husband. Colin becomes a pawn for ransom.
- Julian is facing another life sentence, but this time he has an ally rather than an enemy in Detective Sunday. I suspect she’ll do everything in her power to ensure he is freed, which means we’ll probably see more of her investigation while Julian languishes in jail.
- However, the synopsis above indicates we’ll be getting some flashbacks to Julian and Sunday’s relationship 15 years ago, during his conviction.
- Michelle has already betrayed Stratton many times over, so it’s hard to say what her betrayal might look like this time, but I’d wager it’ll involve him trying to take Colin away from him.