This article contains predictions for Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale season 5, episode 7, and includes the release date, time, and where to watch online.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 5, episode 6 is the best installment from season five so far, as our leading trio of stars (Luke, June, and Serena) finds themselves in differing forms of imprisonment. This episode is a real rollercoaster of emotions with some of the more drastic and shocking twists from the series to date. Here’s what happened in episode six of The Handmaid’s Tale:
- Luke and June are captured and taken to an industrial warehouse. They have their photos taken and are placed in adjacent cages. June asks for information from her captors, but they will not engage with her.
- Serena has an ultrasound within the Wheeler’s home. To Serena’s surprise, they have a birthing suite set up in the building. The doctor tells Serena to rest and then asks her out on a date. The Wheelers appear to be trying to set her up and Serena is sent to her room for defying them.
- Lydia is informed that Esther is pregnant. She was raped by Warren Putnam at Fred’s funeral. Lydia is disgusted by this criminal act and apologizes to the handmaid, but Esther doesn’t believe her and screams uncontrollably. Lydia asks for retribution from Commander Lawrence, but he doesn’t see the problem.
- Serena is told of June’s circumstances and their plans to execute her in no man’s land. She asks to bear witness to this historic event. Commander Wheeler is hesitant at first, but Serena manages to persuade him to let her go.
- Luke and June are told that they are headed for Gilead. June apologizes for getting her husband into this mess, but he accepts responsibility for his own actions. They hold hands through the bars unsure of their fate.
- Warren Putnam is shot dead by Nick Blaine for his criminal act, Commander Lawrence seems to have been swayed by Lydia’s earlier remarks.
- Lydia shows her handmaids Warren’s body hanging from the wall. Janine is happy to see her enemy dead.
- Ezra picks June up and takes her back to his car, where she is reunited with Serena. Serena commands Ezra to cut June’s binds and for June to kneel. She asks for Ezra’s gun, wanting to kill June herself. June is forced to pray and then Serena turns the gun on Ezra and shoots him instead. The rivals then escape in his car.
The Handmaid’s Tale season 5, episode 7 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to release on Hulu on Wednesday, October 19th, 2022. The release time is 12 am ET. Episode 7 is titled “No Man’s Land” and will have a run time of 45 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Handmaid’s Tale season 5, episode 7, on Hulu on the date mentioned above.
- June and Serena will drive back to Canada before the Gilead authorities are made aware of this betrayal. Serena will explain her reasoning for saving June and lay out the first stage of her plan to her rival.
- Luke will return to Canada unharmed and anxiously await June’s fate.
- Commanders Lawrence and Blaine will justify their actions to the other members. They may become outcasts for this killing of their own, but they seem to be orchestrating their own private scheme, possibly battling for overall control of Gilead.
- Lydia will continue to represent and respect her handmaids going forwards. She might even start to make other demands and cause controversy within the ranks.
You can watch this series with a subscription to Hulu.