This article is a preview for American Gigolo season 1, episode 8, and contains details of the release date/time and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
David Hollander’s Showtime remake of Paul Schrader’s 1980 classic American Gigolo imagines a different version of the same story in which high-class male escort Julian Kaye was never given an alibi by his lover, Michelle, and instead spent 15 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Suddenly free after a contract killer confesses to the crime on his deathbed, Julian is dropped back into his old life and attempts both to reconnect with his lover and unravel the mystery of who framed him.
American Gigolo season 1, episode 7 recap:
- Isabelle wanted Julian to stop digging into Lisa Beck’s death, which virtually proves she had something to do with it. Through flashbacks, we learn she was there, and later, that McGregor was too.
- Sunday discovers that Janet Holmes was Lisa Beck’s sister and, through an old client, Julien learns she was looking into Olga. This gives a justification for her murder and Julian being framed.
- Stratton still intends to pay McGregor off in exchange for Colin, but Panish is pulled over by the authorities.
- At the end of the episode, Julian turned up at the Stratton house while Isabelle went to see McGregor at the hotel where he’s holding Colin.
American Gigolo season 1, episode 8 release date
The final episode, titled “East of Eden”, will debut on Showtime for subscribers on Friday, October 28, and then on the Showtime channel on Sunday, October 30.
Where to watch American Gigolo season 1, episode 8 online
As mentioned above, American Gigolo is a Showtime original and can be viewed on the channel or app, either live or on-demand.
Preview and predictions for “East of Eden”:
The official synopsis is as follows:
Julian recovers Colin from an unlikely savior. Sunday can’t shake a connection from her past and present cases. Michelle considers what she wants – and what Colin needs.
- So the “unlikely savior” described above is going to be Isabelle, right?
- I imagine Sunday is going to turn up something that more explicitly reveals why Julian had to be framed — in other words, what might Janet have turned up about Lisa Beck’s death?
- My theory, for what it’s worth, is that Isabelle killed Lisa Beck because she was jealous of her relationship with Julian, McGregor helped her cover it up, and then Julian had to be framed (probably by Olga) to stop Janet discovering this. At some point, Isabelle took over the business. Isabelle has some kind of leverage over McGregor and used him to kill Olga and Guy after Julian got out of prison and it became obvious he was going to be poking into events. Olga had Guy give Julian the file in the hopes he’d take Isabelle down.
- American Gigolo ending explained. (Will go live once the finale airs.)