This article is a preview for The Walking Dead season 11, episode 21, “What’s Been Lost”, and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
The final ever episodes of The Walking Dead are well underway now, but I suppose that depends on how you interpret the word “final”. For a series that has never really treated death with any permanence, it only seems fitting that these characters and stories will continue to live on in spin-offs, as they have already in Fear the Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, and Tales of The Walking Dead.
We’ve already had confirmation that there will be a Daryl and Carol spin-off, although recently it seems as though it might just be a Daryl spin-off, and at this year’s New York Comic Con we got our first look at the upcoming The Walking Dead: Dead City, which will feature Maggie and Negan and is slated for release in April 2023. With all that, it’s hard to consider the upcoming end… well, the end.
The Walking Dead season 11, episode 20 had a couple of big moments, but also some nonsensical stuff and a lot of filler in the middle. Here’s what happened:
- Pamela ordered all of Eugene’s associates to be captured so that she could strongarm Yumiko into convicting him in a kangaroo court.
- Carol and Daryl manage to evade capture and free Hornsby to help them locate their friends.
- After outliving his usefulness, Hornsby is invited to leave, so Carol shoots him with an arrow, killing him.
- Yumiko goes way off-script and publicly announces that she intends to defend Eugene in court.
- At the end of the episode, we see Eugene (and presumably the rest of the gang) being sedated as they’re taken somewhere with bags over their heads.
The Walking Dead season 11, episode 21 release date
“Outpost 22” is currently available on AMC+. It will air on AMC on Sunday, October 30, at 9 p.m. ET.
Where to watch online
Since The Walking Dead is such a popular and longstanding show, there are many different ways to check out the latest episode. The most efficient for die-hard fans is, obviously, an AMC+ subscription, which allows you to view the episode a week before everyone else. Using AMC’s app or website, the episode can be live-streamed at the date and time above when it officially airs, and anyone else can access the episode via a litany of live TV streaming platforms such as Spectrum, Sling TV, DirecTV, Fubo TV, Philo TV, Xfinity, Apple TV, and YouTube TV.
Preview for “Outpost 22”:
There isn’t an official synopsis this week, but we can make some pretty obvious assumptions based on the above promo:
- The Outpost 22 of the title is presumably where the prisoners are taken. It seems like a labor camp of some kind.
- Ezekiel will team up with Negan on the inside of the camp, while Daryl and Carol work to free the group from the outside.
- We already know the breakout will be at least somewhat successful since the promo shows Daryl and Carol interacting with characters we know have been taken. But will anyone die? I’m going to assume not.
You can stream The Walking Dead season 11, episode 21 right now on AMC+, and catch it on AMC from October 30.