This article is a preview for Apple TV+ series The Mosquito Coast season 2, episode 2, and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online.
Apple TV+‘s redo of the 1986 Peter Weir film of the same name might not have been a big hit with critics, but it’s yet another example of why nobody really cares about us since a second season was commissioned almost immediately anyway. Picking up with the Fox family as they continue to flee from the U.S. government, the second season debuted on November 4, 2022.
The Mosquito Coast season 2, episode 1, “The Damage Done”, began by giving some necessary context for one of the first season’s big mysteries. Here’s what happened:
- Most of the action in this premiere took place 13 years in the past. We meet younger versions of Allie and Margot, who’re separated, and Dina and Charlie, who’re very young and stuck between two parents.
- Allie has invented some kind of advanced predictive statistical matrix that he wants to use to predict bird migration patterns and the spread of infectious diseases within a changing climate. The NSA wants to use it for data gathering.
- Margot has a boyfriend named Richard who is an eco-terrorist, and together they’re planning to bomb a biotech company. Because Allie is essentially stalking them, he’s able to figure this out by hacking into an NSA database.
- Allie tries to intervene in the bombing but is unable to. Margot tries to save one of the employees who gets caught up in the explosion but fails. Richard abandoned her and Allie persuaded her to run away with him and the kids.
- In the present day, Allie continues to lie to the children so that they believe they’re on the run because of him hacking into a government database, and not Margot committing domestic terrorism.
The Mosquito Coast season 2, episode 2 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to release on Apple TV+ on Friday, November 11th, 2022, at 12 am PT. The episode is titled “Least Concern Species”.
How many episodes will The Mosquito Coast Season 2 have?
The Mosquito Coast Season 2 will have ten episodes, which is more than the first season’s seven. They will release weekly from November 4, 2022, through to January 6, 2023. The episode titles are as follows: “The Damage Done”, “Least Concern Species”, “Talk About the Weather”, A Rag, a Bone, a Hank of Hair”, “Positive, Front-Facing Optics”, “Goat Head Taco”, “The Burning of Judas”, “Dead Totems”, “The Counterfeiters”, and “Eulogy”.
Is there a trailer?
Yes! You can watch it here:
Where to watch The Mosquito Coast online
As mentioned above, the show is exclusive to Apple TV+, which is available with a subscription.
Predictions for The Mosquito Coast season 2, episode 2:
- I expect we’ll remain in the present-day for this one, and the Fox family will be presented with a new challenge in the form of either the U.S. government or the Cartel.
- Even though Allie has lied about their past, I imagine the kids, especially Dina, will continue to push for more information.
- Now we know the background between Allie and Margot I think we’ll see their relationship even more strained. I also predict that Margot will make some big decisions this season. I imagine them turning against each other and the kids having to essentially choose between them.
- Will Richard make a reappearance? Seems a waste to have introduced him otherwise.