This article is a preview for The White Lotus season 2, episode 3 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
The White Lotus is a satire of the overprivileged set within the exclusive grounds of a pampered hotel chain. The first season, which did so well for HBO that it was renewed for a second season despite being billed as a limited series, was set in Hawaii, while the second is set on a lush Sicilian island, but both share the same essential DNA — they’re about the hollow lives of the filthy rich, not all whom will survive.
The show’s creator Mike White isn’t crafting a murder mystery here, though. The deaths are, in many ways, inevitabilities, the cost of cramming so many egos, delusions, and unhealthy dynamics into one location. And the location itself is beautiful, even if the people in it tend not to be — at least on any level other than the surface. Alternately hysterical and terrifying, the second season promises another eight episodes of sand, sun, and scandal.
The White Lotus season 2, episode 2 continued to flesh out the characters with a particular focus on their relationship to sex. Here’s what happened:
- We saw a little more of Ethan and Harper’s sexless marriage, with the former seeming particularly reticent to engage in the no-pants-dance with his wife. The two couples continue not to like one another very much, but Harper especially is beginning to see things in Cameron and Daphne that make her insecure about herself.
- Tanya and Greg have a hilarious Vespa ride before he tells her that he needs to leave for Denver for work — an obvious lie, though we don’t yet know what he’s keeping from his new wife.
- We learn that Dominic is a serial cheater and has recently been caught stepping out on his wife, which he continues to do with Isabella and Lucia, who he officially books onto his and Bert’s rooms so they can move freely through the hotel.
- Albie and Portia’s relationship continued to develop — they even shared a little kiss!
The White Lotus season 2, episode 3 release date and time
“Bull Elephants” is slated to air on Sunday, November 13, at 9 pm ET/PT.
Where to watch The White Lotus Season 2 online
In the U.S., The White Lotus is available on HBO and HBO Max. The latter is available with a subscription: The ad-free package runs $14.99/month or $149.99/year while the ad-supported model will set you back $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How many episodes will The White Lotus Season 2 have?
Unlike the first season, which ran for eight episodes, The White Lotus season 2 will have 7 episodes.
There is no official synopsis to give anything away, but here are some general predictions:
- Where is Greg really going? Does anyone care? Either way, I suspect that in his absence Tanya will begin to massively disrupt Portia’s burgeoning relationship with Albie.
- I’m still suspecting that Harper’s increasing feelings of inadequacy will lead her to develop a relationship with the much more confident and sexually-active Cameron.
- Now that Bert knows Dominic is having hookers in his room, will he mention it? I suspect he will.