This article is a preview for Avenue 5 season 2, episode 6 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online.
Created and written by Veep‘s Armando Iannucci, Avenue 5 is a sharply satirical sci-fi comedy on HBO and HBO Max. After a successful first season about a luxury space cruise that went catastrophically wrong, the second season picks up where we left off, with the journey having been extended by eight long years after a series of avoidable calamities.
Here’s the official Avenue 5 Season 2 synopsis:
Picking up five months after failing to reroute the vessel, Season 2 follows the crew – including fiery engineer Billie, unpredictable head of customer relations Matt, and faithful right-hand Iris – as they struggle to lead, calm, control, and, if need be, hide from increasingly unruly passengers. On earth, they’re lauded as heroes, and in space, everyone can hear them scream.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 5 recap:
- The entire ship erupted into chaos after the revelations of Avenue 5 season 2, episode 4. The passengers quickly deposed Ryan and Judd and set about organizing themselves.
- Naturally, all of the various committees that were set up ended up fighting among themselves, leading to Elena and Charles freeing Ryan to restore some order.
- Ryan proposed a democratic election, and there were many — mostly unsuitable — candidates including Billie, Rav, Frank, Nathan the cannibal, Mads, and Iris.
- With it looking like Nathan would be elected, Ryan tried to endorse various more suitable candidates before eventually being nominated himself. He was quickly elected, much to his own displeasure.
- Back on Earth, the decision was made by a governing council comprised of the offspring of present-day billionaires to have the Avenue 5 destroyed.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 6 release date/time
Where to watch Avenue 5 season 2 online
As mentioned above, the show is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. The latter is available with a subscription: The ad-free package runs $14.99/month or $149.99/year while the ad-supported model will set you back $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How many episodes will Avenue 5 season have?
Avenue 5 Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, down from the nine of the first season, and they’ll run on a weekly cadence through to November 28, 2022.
There is no official synopsis for the episode available, but we can make some assumptions:
- How is Ryan going to solve the matter of the ship’s imminent destruction? No idea, but it should be fun finding out. (I’m going to guess an engineering solution that has some other kind of detrimental knock-on effect, as per.)
- We’re clearly heading into proper love-triangle territory with Ryan, Elena, and Charles.
- Nathan being really well-liked and reasonable suggests to be that he’s going to eat a passenger sooner rather than later, but maybe I’m just a cynic.