This article is a preview for Yellowstone season 5, episode 3, and discusses its release date, time, and where to watch online.
Yellowstone is the most-watched series on cable television, and that can’t have gone unnoticed. Now on its fifth season, which has been expanded and is airing in two parts, and with one spin-off already complete (1883) and another on the near-horizon, the neo-Western is beginning to dominate popular culture in the same way that the Dutton family dominate Montana — or at least the large swatch of it they have relentlessly tried to preserve against competing interests and the slow march of coastal elitism.
In a two-part premiere, “One Hundred Years Is Nothing” and “The Sting Of Wisdom” caught us back up with the Duttons after the fourth season finale. The two episodes were very character-driven, focusing mostly on John Dutton’s new position as Governor of Montana. Here’s what happened:
- John was sworn in as Governor and immediately began laying out policies that were perhaps illegal, such as hiking taxes on non-residents and completely cutting off funding for all Market Equities developments, which was in clear breach of contract.
- While keeping Jamie around as Attorney General under threat of exposing his patricide, John also made Beth his Chief of Staff.
- Market Equities flew in a new mover and shaker named Sarah Atwood who is clearly intended to be a direct rival to Beth.
- Monica tragically lost her unborn child in a car accident.
- Carter accidentally wounded John’s horse, which Rip subsequently had to shoot.
- Ryan and Colby accidentally shot some wolves that turned out to have been protected by the Yellowstone National Park. They attempt to dispose of the GPS collars in the river, but one got hung up on a log, tying the wolves to Dutton land.
Yellowstone season 5, episode 3 release date/time
The latest episode of Yellowstone Season 5 will air Sunday, November 20, at 8/7c p.m.
Where to watch Yellowstone season 5 online
Yellowstone Season 5 will air exclusively on Paramount Network, which is not to be confused with the streaming service, Paramount+. Since NBCUniversal bought the streaming rights to Yellowstone in 2020, the fifth season will eventually stream on Peacock, where the first four seasons are already streaming. Viewers can also purchase individual seasons and episodes on both Prime Video and Apple TV+.
Viewers in the UK will be able to watch Yellowstone season 5 on Paramount+.
How many episodes will Yellowstone season 5 have?
In a change from previous seasons, Yellowstone season 5 will have 14 episodes, released in two seven-episode parts. Here’s an episode schedule, though do note this is subject to change:
- Episode 1 (November 13)
- Episode 2 (November 13)
- Episode 3 (November 20)
- Episode 4 (November 27)
- Episode 5 (December 4)
- Episode 6 (December 11)
- Episode 7 (December 18)
- Episode 8 (TBA)
- Episode 9 (TBA)
- Episode 10 (TBA)
- Episode 11 (TBA)
- Episode 12 (TBA)
- Episode 13 (TBA)
- Episode 14 (TBA)
The second part will presumably air at some point in 2023.
Predictions for the next episode:
Since there’s no official synopsis or easily accessible promo, the following is pure speculation:
- Market Equities — and specifically Sarah Atwood — will begin to target Jamie while their lawyers attempt to fight John’s measures in court.
- The GPS tracker will be found, linking the Dutton land to the deaths of the protected wolves.
- I imagine Kayce’s vision and the meaning of “the end of us” will become a kind of season-long mystery, so we’ll probably get more ominous development in that regard.
- Expect Rainwater and Angela Blue Thunder to make a move against the Duttons also.