This article is a preview for Avenue 5 season 2, episode 7 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online.
Created and written by Veep‘s Armando Iannucci, Avenue 5 is a sharply satirical sci-fi comedy on HBO and HBO Max. After a successful first season about a luxury space cruise that went catastrophically wrong, the second season picks up where we left off, with the journey having been extended by eight long years after a series of avoidable calamities.
Here’s the official Avenue 5 Season 2 synopsis:
Picking up five months after failing to reroute the vessel, Season 2 follows the crew – including fiery engineer Billie, unpredictable head of customer relations Matt, and faithful right-hand Iris – as they struggle to lead, calm, control, and, if need be, hide from increasingly unruly passengers. On earth, they’re lauded as heroes, and in space, everyone can hear them scream.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 6 recap:
- After the events of Avenue 5 season 2, episode 5, Ryan has become the ship’s Supreme Leader, splitting the passengers down the middle. Some support him unswervingly, while Matt is leading a rebellion.
- Rav discovers a lithium-rich meteor that can be used to negotiate with Lucas.
- Billie tries to ingratiate herself with Judd so she can steer those negotiations, but it all goes badly wrong when Judd learns about the missile heading their way.
- Matt is crushed almost to death in cuddle club and then shot with a crossbow, both by Mads, apparently to help him gain popularity.
- The passengers find out about the missile thanks to the watch party they’re having for the Avenue 5 TV show, in which the ship is blown up in honor of the real vessel, which has apparently been blown up by terrorists. The cover-up tips everyone off and causes panic, so Ryan has to employ Iris’s secret police to maintain order.
Avenue 5 season 2, episode 7 release date/time
Where to watch Avenue 5 season 2 online
As mentioned above, the show is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max. The latter is available with a subscription: The ad-free package runs $14.99/month or $149.99/year while the ad-supported model will set you back $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How many episodes will Avenue 5 season have?
Avenue 5 Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, down from the nine of the first season, and they’ll run on a weekly cadence through to November 28, 2022.
There is no official synopsis for the episode available, but we can make some assumptions:
- Ryan’s newfound power will probably begin to go to his head as he introduces more and more drastic ways to keep the passengers under control.
- Billie will need to scramble to find a solution for the impending missile, possibly by getting back in touch with Lucas.
- Is the meteor real? It seemed too convenient in how it was introduced I thought it was part of the plan to finesse a rescue effort.
- Is Frank and Karen’s dry spell over?
- Has Mads lost it and will his behavior become even more erratic?
- Surely we’re building toward a major death, aren’t we?