We discuss the Netflix series Wednesday, including the release date, time, plot synopsis, cast, and trailer.
Netflix is set to bring out another variation of the Addams Family with their upcoming series Wednesday. The series is set to hone in on Wednesday and her years as a school student. Below we share all the details about the upcoming series.
Netflix series Wednesday plot synopsis
Here is the official plot synopsis:
“Follows Wednesday Addams’ years as a student, when she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart and solve the mystery that embroiled her parents.”
Our opinion of the premise
Look, coming off a year of hit-and-miss legacy-style films and series, this is easily the one I am looking forward to the most. The premise feels like the series will lean heavily into the darker side of this character which has me even more excited. Wednesday is a character that hasn’t really been explored a whole lot across any of the many films or shows we’ve seen since the creation of The Addams Family. My intrigue level is high based on the premise and the idea of this world being built on Wednesday.
Wednesday release date
The series will be released on Netflix on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022.
How to watch Wednesday online
Audiences will be able to watch Wednesday with a subscription to Netflix. The basic plan for Netflix is $9.99. If you want HD, you’ll need to get the standard package at $15.49. Finally, for Ultra HD, the premium package costs $19.99. Additionally, here is everything we know about the plan for Netflix adverts.
Here is the main cast:
- Jenna Ortega as Wednesday Addams
- Gwendoline Christie as Principal Larissa Weems
- Jamie McShane as Sheriff Galpin
- Percy Hynes White as Xavier Thorpe
- Hunter Doohan as Tyler Galpin
- Emma Myers as Enid Sinclair
- Joy Sunday as Bianca Barclay
- Naomi J Ogawa as Yoko Tanaka
- Moosa Mostafa as Eugene Ottinger
- Georgie Farmer as Ajax Petropolus
- Riki Lindhome as Dr. Valerie Kinbott
- Christina Ricci as Marilyn Thornhill
The production team
Here is the team behind it all:
- Tim Burton, Executive Producer
- Steve Stark, Executive Producer
- Andrew Mittman, Executive Producer
- Kevin Miserocchi, Executive Producer
- Kayla Alpert, Executive Producer
- Jonathan Glickman, Executive Producer
- Gail Berman, Executive Producer
- Tommy Harper, Executive Producer
- Kevin Lafferty, Executive Producer
Is there a trailer?
There sure is! Check it out below:
Look, as someone who doesn’t love watching trailers, Wednesday has the opportunity of being one of the best trailers of 2022. Everything you could want from a trailer this has. You have a setup, then the introduction to this character (Wednesday), and what she does throughout reels you into this dark world they are building. The color palette, score, and exceptional costume design do a beautiful job of making you want to watch the show. Was Jenna Ortega made for this role? I think this might be one of the best casting choices we’ve seen this decade.
If this show is as big of a hit as I think it can be, Netflix might have seriously hit a home run with the merchandise and multiple seasons they can do with this show. I can’t wait for this show.