We discuss predictions for the Prime Video series The Peripheral season 1, episode 8, and include the release date, time, and where to watch online.
In The Peripheral season 1, episode 7 Inspector Lowbeer (Alexandra Billings) starts to investigate the disappearance of Aelita (Charlotte Riley) in more detail, whilst Burton (Jack Reynor) and Conner (Eli Goree) are sent on a training simulation. Cherise (T’Nia Miller) proposes a deadly resolution to all the chaos and the assassin Bob (Ned Dennehy) tries to finish off his latest assignment with fatal consequences. It’s another messy episode, one that is needlessly complex and convoluted, although the ending contains a surprising twist and some exhilarating action. Here’s what happened in episode seven of The Peripheral:
- Ella Fisher’s vision goes again and she has Reece take her to the doctor. Assassin Bob follows them there, where he violently kills Reece, before taking Ella and the doctor (Dee Dee) hostage. They wait for Burton and Flynne’s arrival, whilst Ella tries to talk him out of killing anyone, except himself that is.
- Lowbeer takes the three peripherals to a Police training facility. Burton and Conner are taken to perform in a training simulation with robot Beatrice, whilst Lowbeer interrogates Flynne. Burton and Conner fight other robots and then Beatrice. Lowbeer asks Flynne about her greatest fears and her thoughts on the two timelines.
- Lowbeer explains that the timelines are diverging in significant ways. Lowbeer’s own timeline is very different from Flynne’s present. In Lowbeer’s, Burton and Conner fought in a different war, without their haptic technology. And Flynne married Tommy. In Flynne’s current timeline, the Jackpot is occurring at an accelerated rate, all thanks to the Research Institute.
- Tommy investigates the conspiracy further. He finds the missing weapons and is ordered to help out the Sheriff at Corbell’s house. Tommy heads over and finds the untouched crime scene. Sheriff Jackman explains what’s happened, but Tommy doesn’t believe him. He sees only corruption. Jackman tells him to bring him the Fisher siblings. Tommy refuses.
- Burton and Conner are killed in their simulation and Lowbeer terminates her conversation with Flynne. The three peripherals wake in their world and head to the doctors to check up on their mother. Burton senses a trap though and brings in Conner and Leon to help.
- Cherise visits Lowbeer and updates the Inspector on the data breach. She thinks Aelita stole dangerous technology. Cherise wants Lowbeer to kill Lev and Flynne’s families to stop any chances of the technology wreaking havoc upon society. Lowbeer considers the proposition.
- Ash and Ossian try to steal from Lev. He figures out their plans.
- Burton shoots Bob and kills the assassin, saving the day.
- Tommy returns to Corbell’s house. He shoots Sheriff Jackman with Bob’s weapon. Corbell dives for the Sheriff’s gun to stop Tommy killing him too. Tommy fires the sonic gun at Corbell instead.
The Peripheral season 1, episode 8 release date and time
Episode 8 is scheduled to release on Prime Video on Friday, December 2nd, 2022, at 12 am ET. Episode 8 is rumored to be titled “The Creation of a Thousand Forests”.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Peripheral season 1, episode 8, with a subscription to Amazon Prime Video on the date mentioned above.
- Tommy will head over to the Fisher household for answers. He’ll ask for them to update him on everything that has transpired so far. The Fisher family will be surprised to hear that Corbell and the Sheriff are now dead. But it means that there are no assassins after them in the present timeline at least. Part of me thinks Corbell is still alive though.
- Lowbeer seems to want to protect the London timeline, even considering slaughtering two whole families to keep the timeline safe. I think Lowbeer and Cherise may team up and try to eradicate both Lev and Flynne’s families to keep the peace overall.
- In the finale, I suspect a massive showdown between the two warring armies. Will they fight in the 2032 timeline or the London, 2100 timeline though? I imagine there will be a lot of violence and bloodshed. I’m predicting quite a lot of deaths here. Who will survive? Will the good guys end victorious?