This article is a preview for The White Lotus season 2, episode 6 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
The White Lotus is a satire of the overprivileged set within the exclusive grounds of a pampered hotel chain. The first season, which did so well for HBO that it was renewed for a second season despite being billed as a limited series, was set in Hawaii, while the second is set on a lush Sicilian island, but both share the same essential DNA — they’re about the hollow lives of the filthy rich, not all whom will survive.
The show’s creator Mike White isn’t crafting a murder mystery here, though. The deaths are, in many ways, inevitabilities, the cost of cramming so many egos, delusions, and unhealthy dynamics into one location. And the location itself is beautiful, even if the people in it tend not to be — at least on any level other than the surface. Alternately hysterical and terrifying, the second season promises another eight episodes of sand, sun, and scandal.
The White Lotus season 2, episode 5 had a darker tone as several relationships went a little pear-shaped. Here’s what happened:
- Albie spent the night with Lucia and was shocked to discover she was a prostitute. However, the two seem to have a genuine connection and spend more time together, though it’s implied Lucia is intending to rip him off.
- Harper confronts Ethan about finding the condom. He partially confesses, and then Harper gets very drunk during a vineyard tour and makes the whole day really awkward.
- Portia and Tanya go to stay in Quentin’s Palermo villa for a couple of nights. Portia and Jack continue their relationship while Tanya goes to see Madama Butterfly.
- At the end of the episode, Tanya wakes up on Jack having sex with Quentin.
The White Lotus season 2, episode 6 release date and time
“Abductions” is slated to air on Sunday, December 4, at 9 pm ET/PT.
Where to watch The White Lotus Season 2 online
In the U.S., The White Lotus is available on HBO and HBO Max. The latter is available with a subscription: The ad-free package runs $14.99/month or $149.99/year while the ad-supported model will set you back $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
In the UK, The White Lotus is available on Sky Atlantic and Now TV.
How many episodes will The White Lotus Season 2 have?
Unlike the first season, which ran for eight episodes, The White Lotus season 2 will have 7 episodes.
There is no official synopsis to give anything away, but here are some general predictions:
- It’s highly unlikely that Tanya will keep her mouth shut about what she saw, so I think we can expect some explanation about the relationship between Quentin and Jack.
- Madama Butterfly is about a woman who commits ritual suicide because he husband is awful, so that probably doesn’t bode well for Tanya as far as metaphors go.
- Albie is almost certainly going to try and embroil himself in Lucia’s affairs, either with Cameron or Alessio or both, and get himself in trouble — or worse.