This article is a preview for Yellowstone season 5, episode 5, and discusses its release date, time, and where to watch online.
Yellowstone is the most-watched series on cable television, and that can’t have gone unnoticed. Now on its fifth season, which has been expanded and is airing in two parts, and with one spin-off already complete (1883) and another on the near-horizon, the neo-Western is beginning to dominate popular culture in the same way that the Dutton family dominate Montana — or at least the large swatch of it they have relentlessly tried to preserve against competing interests and the slow march of coastal elitism.
Yellowstone season 5, episode 4 provided a lot of setup for future installments. Here’s what happened:
- Beth got away with bottling a tourist by blackmailing Jamie into pressuring her into dropping the charges. After, she spotted the baby seat in Jamie’s car and went ballistic, promising to take his son away from him.
- John fired half of his staff at the Capitol. U.S. Fish and Wildlife warned him that environmental organizations were going to be coming for him about the wolves, so he granted clemency to Summer Higgins so she can help him fight back against them.
- Monica and Kayce buried their son in a moving traditional ceremony.
- Sarah Atwood seduced Jamie, and Beth took the opportunity to snap a photo of her ID so she can do some snooping.
Yellowstone season 5, episode 5 release date/time
The latest episode of Yellowstone Season 5 will air Sunday, December 4, at 8/7c p.m.
Where to watch Yellowstone season 5 online
Yellowstone Season 5 will air exclusively on Paramount Network, which is not to be confused with the streaming service, Paramount+. Since NBCUniversal bought the streaming rights to Yellowstone in 2020, the fifth season will eventually stream on Peacock, where the first four seasons are already streaming. Viewers can also purchase individual seasons and episodes on both Prime Video and Apple TV+.
Viewers in the UK will be able to watch Yellowstone season 5 on Paramount+.
How many episodes will Yellowstone season 5 have?
In a change from previous seasons, Yellowstone season 5 will have 14 episodes, released in two seven-episode parts. Here’s an episode schedule, though do note this is subject to change:
- Episode 1 (November 13)
- Episode 2 (November 13)
- Episode 3 (November 20)
- Episode 4 (November 27)
- Episode 5 (December 4)
- Episode 6 (December 11)
- Episode 7 (December 18)
- Episode 8 (TBA)
- Episode 9 (TBA)
- Episode 10 (TBA)
- Episode 11 (TBA)
- Episode 12 (TBA)
- Episode 13 (TBA)
- Episode 14 (TBA)
The second part will presumably air at some point in 2023.
Predictions for the next episode:
Since there’s no official synopsis or easily accessible promo, the following is pure speculation:
- John is obviously going to use Summer’s expertise to combat pushback from the environmental groups over the wolves. How illuminating can she possibly be? Will, as Lynelle warned, his granting Summer clemency threaten his position?
- Beth will presumably continue looking into Sarah Atwood. Once she has some info, I imagine she’ll allow Jamie to hang himself in his association with her, presumably so she can ultimately get him out of the way to take his child.
- Kayce will probably take up that reservation investigator position and get embroiled in a case.