This article is a preview for Willow season 1, episode 3 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It contains spoilers for previous episodes.
Willow is a 2022 sequel series to the 1988 Ron Howard dark fantasy film of the same name, which is something people might need reminding of since… well, it’s been a while. An unlikely choice for a revival, the series airs on Disney+ and is presumably an attempt at giving the streamer its very own rival to stuff like House of the Dragon on HBO and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on Prime Video.
The series debuted with a double bill, and here’s what happened:
- We picked up decades after the events of the feature film with Tir Asleen enjoying a sense of relative peace.
- Kit, daughter of Queen Sorsha, is betrothed to noble boy Graydon, a union she isn’t exactly thrilled about, and her best friend Jade is also due to leave to become a knight.
- Forces of darkness kidnap Kit’s twin brother Airk, so a fellowship comprised of Kit, Jade, Graydon, an outlaw named Boorman, and Airk’s kitchen-maid girlfriend Dove sets out to rescue him.
- When the gang meets up with Willow, we learn that Dove is really the prophesied hero Elora Danan and that her identity has been kept a secret even from her.
- Commander Ballantine, who was infected by bad guy magic, turns evil. At the end of the episode, after Willow had spent ages trying to teach Dove magic, he kidnaps her.
- In a final shot, we see Dove’s magic coming to fruition in a big way.
Willow season 1, episode 3 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, December 7 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT, exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch Willow online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will Willow have?
Willow will have eight episodes released on a weekly cadence through January 11, 2023. Here’s the full schedule:
- Episode 1 (November 30)
- Episode 2 (November 30)
- Episode 3 (December 7)
- Episode 4 (December 14)
- Episode 5 (December 21)
- Episode 6 (December 28)
- Episode 7 (January 4)
- Episode 8 (January 11)
Who is in the cast?
- Warwick Davis as Willow Ufgood
- Ruby Cruz as Kit
- Erin Kellyman as Jade
- Ellie Bamber as Dove
- Tony Revolori as Graydon
- Amar Chadha-Patel as Boorman
- Dempsey Bryk as Airk
- Joanne Whalley as Sorsha
We don’t have an official title or synopsis for the next episode, but we can make some logical assumptions:
- I don’t think Ballantine will have Dove for long, but it might take an episode or so for the rest of the gang to get her back.
- I’m kind of expecting to see Madmartigan at some point.
- Hopefully, the next episode will give us a glimpse of Airk’s circumstances and a better sense of the villains.