We discuss predictions for the HBO Max series Doom Patrol season 4, episode 3, and include the release date and where to watch online.
Doom Patrol is back, and HBO Max have opened with a double bill of episodes reintroducing viewers to this crazy world of superheroes and dancing butts. In episode 2, the gang discusses how they are going to prevent the world from ending. They vote to remove Rita (April Bowlby) as their leader but still go ahead with her first plan anyway, which is to kill the zombie Darren Jones. The gang split into separate missions as they hunt down the suspects. Meanwhile, flashbacks reveal just how the zombie butts may have gotten loose into society. It’s an odd opener, one that relies too heavily on crass toilet humor, which distracts from the other qualities the show has to offer. Here’s what happened in episode two of Doom Patrol:
- Rita brainstorms ways to prevent the apocalypse, suggesting that they do the opposite of what they would normally do. The gang vote to have a new leader. They propose Madame Rouge takes over. Rouge decides to go ahead with Rita’s plan anyway. She takes Cliff with her to go and kill zombie farmer Darren Jones.
- Flashbacks reveal that the weaponized creatures were kept at the Ant Farm. Dr. Yu is hired to communicate with these beasts. She manages to make lots of headway and demonstrates their abilities to the General. The General isn’t bothered that they can sing, dance, or socialize, he is still going to weaponize them anyway.
- Vic hacks into the Bureau of Normalcy and intercepts a report on the zombies. He organizes a meeting with a butt-hunter in the park. Jane tags along for the mission. They are handed the last remaining zombie butt by the butt-hunter.
- Cliff and Rouge find Darren. Cliff is ordered to kill the zombie and does so. Unfortunately, he gets blood all over his new hand.
- Larry and Rita argue. She blames him for the mutiny and the betrayal. Larry has his own problems, Keeg has disappeared and won’t come out of hiding.
- The butts get loose in the Ant Farm and attack the scientists. Exterminators are requested to intervene. Dr. Yu finds one of the butts, called Nicholas, cowering in a cupboard.
- Back at the manor, Cliff is ordered to kill the zombie butt that Vic and Jane have retrieved. He opens the box, but can’t bring himself to kill the fragile, frozen creature.
- Jane watches Kay’s interview. In it she discusses the personas’ purposes. It was to protect Kay, but she doesn’t need protecting anymore. They need a new purpose now.
- In the present day, Dr. Yu keeps Nicholas as a pet in her apartment.
Doom Patrol season 4, episode 3 release date and time
Episode 3 is scheduled to release on HBO Max on Thursday, December 15th, 2022, at 12 am PT. Episode 3 is titled “Nostalgia Patrol” and will have a run time of 45 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch Doom Patrol season 4, episode 3, with a subscription to HBO Max on the date mentioned above.
- I think it is pretty obvious that Dr. Yu’s decision to keep Nicholas leads to the apocalyptic infection. Will the Doom Patrol be able to find and kill Nicholas before it is too late though?
- Cliff will be unable to kill the zombie butt they have frozen in the box. I imagine that he will keep the beast like a pet and come to love the animal over time. Will they reassess their plans for preventing the apocalypse or will Cliff keep this animal in secret?
- Rita and Rouge will continue to argue as they fight for the team leader role. Rouge’s demanding style will annoy the others and Rita will try to win their favor once again.
- Jane will start to solve the jigsaw puzzle and she will ask Kay what her new purpose is.