We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Chainsaw Man season 1, episode 11, and include the release date and where to watch online.
Episode 10 of Chainsaw Man gave fans a week to breathe without having to worry about the safety of any more of their favorite characters. However, that doesn’t mean this episode was boring, as we saw Power (voiced by Fairouz Ai) and Denji (voiced by Kikunosuke Toya) training with a very talented devil hunter named Kishibe (voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda). Whether or not that training will do them any good later will remain to be seen, but as fans, we definitely hope it does.
- The episode opens with Power and Denji sitting beside Aki’s hospital bed. As they fight over snacks, Aki asks who from Division 4 lived, only to find out almost everyone died.
- When Denji and Power leave to meet Makima, Aki pulls out his sword and asks the Curse Devil how long he has left, to which the devil replies, “two years”.
- Denji turns back to retrieve something he forgot and overhears Aki crying. It causes him to wonder if he would mourn his comrades if they were to die, deciding he probably wouldn’t. As Denji and Power finally leave, Yutaro and Michiko enter Aki’s room.
- At the cemetery, Makima tells them she’s pretty sure the enemy is after Denji, so she plans to have them train with Himeno’s old Master, Kishibe. Before introducing himself, he asks them questions to gauge whose side Denji and Power are genuinely on. All their answers are rather indifferent and selfish, but he considers them good answers.
- Kishibe begins the training by breaking Denji and Power’s necks. He then explains how they are both similar and different to humans before giving them blood to heal them. Since the enemy seems to be after Denji’s heart, Kishibe plans to train them until they are as strong as him.
- Kishibe, Denji, and Power begin fighting again, but he overwhelms both devils before they ever have a chance to touch him.
- Aki tries to summon the Fox Devil at the hospital, but it will not come. Yutaro and Michiko reveal they are actually there as job counselors, and since they cannot convince Aki to quit, they inform him he must make a contract with another, stronger devil. As they leave, a woman enters his room, surprising him.
- Denji, Power, and Kishibe fight until after dark. On their way home, they devise a plan to try and kill Kishibe using their wits since they could not defeat him today.
- The next day, Power and Denji attempt to ambush Kishibe outside of their apartment, only to fail and get beat again.
- Yutaro and Michiko take Aki to the basement, where Public Safety keeps all the devils they’ve captured. As they walk, Yutaro wonders about the girl who came to visit Aki. He reveals that Himeno’s sister brought him letters from Himeno to read.
- They stop in front of the cell containing the Future Devil and tell Aki that this is the devil he will make a new contract with before Aki walks into its cell.
Chainsaw Man season 1, episode 11 release date and time
Episode 11 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Tuesday, December 20th, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. ET. The title for episode 11 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Chainsaw Man season 1, episode 10, with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
Last week wasn’t exactly a good one for predictions, as I went 0 for 3. I anticipated more fighting with Katana Man, but this episode was surprisingly more relaxed on the trauma. However, the enemies are still clearly lurking and waiting to make a move on Denji, so that doesn’t mean there won’t be plenty more action left this season. Let’s see if we can make better predictions this week.
- Aki is trying to make a contract with the Future Devil, which will require some sort of sacrifice. It is implied that a contract with this devil costs quite a bit, and I predict Aki will have to give up something significant, maybe even an eye, like Himeno did with the Ghost Devil.
- I expect to see Katana Man again, especially considering there are only two more episodes left, including this one. I imagine we’ll close up that arc by defeating him before the end of the season.