We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Mythic Quest season 3, episode 8, and include the release date and where to watch online.
“Sarian” is easily the best episode of season three so far, taking us on a touching tour of Poppy (Charlotte Nicdao) and Ian’s (Rob McElhenney) troubled childhoods. The flashbacks help to explore the creative’s backstories, exactly what led them to become these amazing gaming developers in the first place, and how they originally met. It’s a nostalgic and wholesome installment that will bring a new appreciation to two of Mythic Quest’s most beloved characters. Here’s what happened in episode seven of Mythic Quest season 3:
- In a flashback to 1987, we explore Ian’s traumatic youth. Ian’s mother Sarah is dragged into the Principal’s office after Ian defied his teacher and made up his own planet for the science project. They are concerned by Ian’s bad attitude and slipping grades. Sarah is struggling with Ian herself as a single parent.
- Sarah tries to connect with Ian and discovers that he is obsessed with space and science fiction. She takes him to an art store and they brainstorm ideas for the project. This helps Ian to visualize his ideas. They spend the night making his project, but Sarah falls asleep. The next day, Ian is eager to show everyone his finished project, yet Sarah can’t drag herself out of bed. He’s also renamed the made-up planet Sarian, a combination of Sarah and Ian.
- Ian makes his own way to school and is late, which brings him to the Principal’s attention. The Principal realizes just how poorly treated Ian truly is and makes some calls.
- As a result, Ian is sent to live with his father. Sarah just isn’t stable enough to look after Ian on her own. Ian is obviously distraught.
- In 2001, viewers are shown Poppy’s youth. She is obsessed with video gaming, but her parents want her to concentrate on her piano recital. The father shows more of an interest in her video games, whilst the mother is quite strict. They both worry about Poppy’s lack of friends though.
- She aces the piano recital and asks for a present in return. They buy her a bicycle. She uses the bike to cycle to the local library. Here, she researches cheat codes online and comes across a video game called Sarian.
- In 2009, Poppy attends a lecture hosted by Ian Grimm. Afterward, she tells Ian that Sarian inspired her to become a programmer. They get talking about Ian’s next project, which is likely to be Mythic Quest.
Mythic Quest season 3, episode 8 release date and time
Mythic Quest season 3, episode 8 is scheduled to release on Apple TV+ on Friday, December 23rd, 2022, at 12 am PT. Episode 8 is titled “To Catch a Mouse” and will have a run time of 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Mythic Quest season 3, episode 8 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- The creators have purposely chosen this point in the series to explore Poppy and Ian’s childhoods. There must be some significance to this editorial decision. It would seem logical that the next few episodes will focus more on their relationship.
- Ian and Poppy may discuss their first meeting again and Poppy might reiterate how Ian and Sarian inspired her all those years ago.
- This nostalgic discussion may prompt them to work more efficiently together and they can move forward with Playpen more collaboratively.