This article is a preview for Yellowstone season 5, episode 8, and discusses its release date, time, and where to watch online.
Yellowstone is the most-watched series on cable television, and that can’t have gone unnoticed. Now on its fifth season, which has been expanded and is airing in two parts, and with one spin-off already complete (1883) and another on the near-horizon, the neo-Western is beginning to dominate popular culture in the same way that the Dutton family dominate Montana — or at least the large swatch of it they have relentlessly tried to preserve against competing interests and the slow march of coastal elitism.
Yellowstone season 5, episode 7 set up some big drama for the back half of the season. Here’s what happened:
- John discovered that his herd might have been infected with brucellosis and decided to move half of it down south to somewhere with warmer winters — meaning half of his cowboys, including Rip, would need to go with them.
- John has also been shirking his duties as governor, including not fulfilling his responsibility to Rainwater, who is being threatened by a pipeline being dug under the reservation’s drinking water reservoir.
- Jamie learns that the Dutton land has been placed into a conservation easement and plans — with Sarah, obviously — to impeach John and overturn the decision.
Yellowstone season 5, episode 8 release date/time
The latest episode of Yellowstone Season 5 will air Sunday, January 8, at 8/7c p.m.
Where to watch Yellowstone season 5 online
Yellowstone Season 5 will air exclusively on Paramount Network, which is not to be confused with the streaming service, Paramount+. Since NBCUniversal bought the streaming rights to Yellowstone in 2020, the fifth season will eventually stream on Peacock, where the first four seasons are already streaming. Viewers can also purchase individual seasons and episodes on both Prime Video and Apple TV+.
Viewers in the UK will be able to watch Yellowstone season 5 on Paramount+.
How many episodes will Yellowstone season 5 have?
In a change from previous seasons, Yellowstone season 5 will have 14 episodes, released in two seven-episode parts. Here’s an episode schedule, though do note this is subject to change:
- Episode 1 (November 13)
- Episode 2 (November 13)
- Episode 3 (November 20)
- Episode 4 (November 27)
- Episode 5 (December 4)
- Episode 6 (December 11)
- Episode 7 (December 18)
- Episode 8 (January 8)
- Episode 9 (TBA)
- Episode 10 (TBA)
- Episode 11 (TBA)
- Episode 12 (TBA)
- Episode 13 (TBA)
- Episode 14 (TBA)
The second part will presumably air at some point in 2023.
Predictions for the next episode:
Since there’s no official synopsis or easily accessible promo, the following is pure speculation:
- Jamie will move to impeach John, and will probably have a degree of success based on how the patriarch has been carrying on.
- I don’t see a way — other than maybe a time skip? — that we can go through with the whole deal to relocate the cattle. Several of those characters are far too important to sideline for a year.
- Will Beth reaching out to the 6666 ranch be a way to loop Jimmy back in? Part of me hopes not.