This article is a preview for Willow season 1 episode 7 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It contains spoilers for previous episodes.
Willow is a 2022 sequel series to the 1988 Ron Howard dark fantasy film of the same name, which is something people might need reminding of since… well, it’s been a while. An unlikely choice for a revival, the series airs on Disney+ and is presumably an attempt at giving the streamer its very own rival to stuff like House of the Dragon on HBO and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on Prime Video.
Here’s what happened in Willow episode 6:
- Kit and Willow were taken to the Dread Mines of Skellin, where they met Allagash, who had been imprisoned for the last ten years. He was initially impersonating Madmartigan, since he was a member of the party who went to retrieve the Kymerian Cuirass, but he suggested it was Boorman who betrayed Mads, not him.
- Meanwhile, Jade, Boorman, Elora, Graydon, and Scorpia broke into the mines to try and rescue the others. Both parties ended up at Wiggleheim’s Tomb, the supposed location of the Cuirass (and Madmartigan.)
- Because the mines were reacting to Elora’s presence and magic, they began collapsing, meaning everyone had to flee. Kit heard her father’s voice but was pulled away from trying to rescue him.
- Allagash bought the others time to escape from the trolls, but during an argument with Elora, Kit was plunged into the amber elixir that the trolls have been brewing for the Crone.
- The episode was bookended by scenes of Airk, and in the latter, he found an imprisoned young woman who asked him to free her.
Willow season 1 episode 7 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, January 4 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT, exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch Willow online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will Willow have?
Willow will have eight episodes released on a weekly cadence through January 11, 2023. Here’s the full schedule:
- Episode 1 (November 30)
- Episode 2 (November 30)
- Episode 3 (December 7)
- Episode 4 (December 14)
- Episode 5 (December 21)
- Episode 6 (December 28)
- Episode 7 (January 4)
- Episode 8 (January 11)
Who is in the cast?
- Warwick Davis as Willow Ufgood
- Ruby Cruz as Kit
- Erin Kellyman as Jade
- Ellie Bamber as Dove
- Tony Revolori as Graydon
- Amar Chadha-Patel as Boorman
- Dempsey Bryk as Airk
- Joanne Whalley as Sorsha
We don’t have an official title or synopsis for the next episode, but we can make some logical assumptions:
- Elora will obviously save Kit, but will she suffer som adverse effects for being exposed to the liquid? You can ask the same question of Airk, too. Perhaps them both having consumed it will connect them in some way?
- The Cuirass doesn’t work for now, but Boorman implied there was some element of worthiness at play. Maybe Elora can activate it.
- Scorpia presumably survived but wasn’t seen in the rest of the episode, so expect an appearance from her.
- Also expect a bit more of Airk and his new friend, who is credited as “Lili”.