We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 3 and include the release date and where to watch online.
Although not as strong as the premiere, Episode 2 of Buddy Daddies still laid the foundation for what should be an interesting season. Kazuki (voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga) and Rei (voiced by Koki Uchiyama) were tasked with another mission, but juggling work on top of newfound fatherhood ultimately proved to be too much for them. They will definitely have to find a better way to keep Miri (voiced by Hina Kino) safe while they’re away on missions, or something may have to give. With a new mystery assassin introduced, things will likely get worse for the pair before they get better.
- The episode opens with Miri banging on Kazuki’s door, needing to use the bathroom. He tosses her into the room, not realizing she is too short to reach the toilet seat or the sink.
- Miri tries to help Kazuki make breakfast but only makes things worse. Rei allows Miri to look at his video game collection, but she messes that up too.
- In the note, Miri’s mother left for her father, the human trafficker they killed last episode, she asks that he raise her. Kazuki and Rei think it would be best to return Miri to her mother, but realize they do not know where to find her. They try asking Miri, but the only helpful knowledge she has is that her mother sings at work.
- Kazuki and Rei decide to ask Kyutaro for help getting information on Miri’s father, leaving her at home alone.
- Kyutaro scolds them for not being discreet enough at the Christmas party before offering the men another job. They ask about Miri’s father, and he tells them he will look into it.
- As they leave Kyutaro’s coffee shop, a mysterious man walks in. He says he will be in town for a while and requests to be informed about upcoming jobs. He leaves his number on a piece of paper with the name Ogino Ryo written on it.
- Rei and Kazuki come home to find the house messed up, and immediately assume there has been an intruder. Instead, they discover that it was Miri who was playing hide and seek.
- Kazuki reads that their latest target is a drug kingpin with a heavily guarded mansion. They wonder how they will break in, but a game of hide and seek with Miri suddenly gives Kazuki an idea.
- They try to leave Miri at home while they go on the mission, bribing her with snacks. She’s fine at first but then begins crying so loudly they end up bringing her along and leaving her in the car.
- Kazuki is supposed to sneak into the house and set explosives dressed as a security maintenance man. He attempts to walk to the door, but is stopped by Miri saying she needs to use the bathroom. He asks her to hold it and heads inside anyway.
- As Kazuki works, Miri rings the doorbell, and a henchman allows her to use the bathroom.
- Miri sees Kazuki in the living room, drawing attention to him. Seeing he isn’t at his post, the henchman begins to chase after Kazuki, who begins chasing after Miri when she runs away to start a game of hide and seek.
- Kazuki and Miri wind up caught in the target’s room, surrounded by security.
- Rei begins shooting henchmen from the backyard before getting into a gunfight. The three of them flee and escape on a speedboat.
- At home, Kyutaro calls to tell them that while they are off the mission, he did find some information on Miri’s father that he will send over.
- The episode ends with Ogino taking out the target instead.
Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date and Time
Episode 3 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Friday, January 20th, 2023. The release time is 12:30 ET. The title of episode 3 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 3 on with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
Predicting Buddy Daddies proved to be more challenging than I thought, as it seems like nothing I guessed came true this week. With it being this early in the series, getting a feel for it may take a few weeks, but let’s see if I have better luck this time.
- Kyutaro called to say he had information on Miri’s father. While he doesn’t know that Kazuki and Rei have Miri yet, I think he already suspects something and will probably fully figure it out next episode.
- There’s no way Kazuki and Rei can continue to bring Miri on missions. I can, however, see them training her to at least come and not make noise, almost like a game. I could also see the show introducing a new character, perhaps her mother or a babysitter, to help out.