This article is a preview for Godfather of Harlem Season 3 Episode 2 and contains details of the release date, time, and where to watch online. It may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Godfather of Harlem is back on the newly-rebranded MGM+ for another season of crime drama shenanigans blended with real-life historical events. Following the conclusion of the previous season, the third picks up in the aftermath of the Harlem Riots, with both the city and Bumpy Johnson trying to rebuild in the aftermath of this landmark action in American civil rights.
Here’s what happened in the third season premiere:
- Bumpy found himself pretty much broke and in debt to the tune of $3,000,000 to the Five Families. He was told to pay the money to a recently-promoted Joe Colombo.
- Joe proposed a partnership between himself and Bumpy that Bumpy refused twice, refusing to surrender Harlem to anyone and deciding to instead come up with the money on his own.
- Omar apologized to Elise and Malcolm and the latter decided not to kill him or hand him off to Bumpy.
- Olympia tried to have Stella killed for being a rat, but she was able to assassinate her would-be assassin.
- Adam Clayton Powell finessed President Lyndon Johnson into providing millions of dollars of funding to Harlem, but Bumpy hijacked the money and bonds outside of Harlem’s Liberty Bank to pay off his debt.
Godfather of Harlem Season 3 Episode 2 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Sunday, January 15, on MGM+ (formerly EPIX) at 9 p.m. ET/PT, and it will air weekly on the streaming platform.
Where to watch Godfather of Harlem online
As mentioned above, Godfather of Harlem is available to stream on MGM+.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will Godfather of Harlem Season 3 have?
Godfather of Harlem Season 3 will have ten episodes airing between January 15, 2023 and March 26, 2023. This is consistent with previous seasons which have also had ten episodes. Here’s the full schedule:
- Episode 1 (January 15)
- Episode 2 (January 22)
- Episode 3 (January 29)
- Episode 4 (February 5)
- Episode 5 (February 19)
- Episode 6 (February 26)
- Episode 7 (March 5)
- Episode 8 (March 12)
- Episode 9 (March 19)
- Episode 10 (March 26)
Who is in the cast?
- Forest Whitaker as Bumpy Johnson.
- Vincent D’Onofrio as Vincent Gigante.
- Ilfenesh Hadera as Mayme Johnson.
- Antoinette Crowe-Legacy as Elise.
- Nigel Thatch as Malcolm X.
- Lucy Fry as Stella.
While we don’t have an official synopsis for the next episode, we can make some logical assumptions:
- Mayme knows that Bumpy robbed the bank and will presumably confront him about it while trying to operate in her new position without tipping off Powell. Word of this will surely get out eventually.
- Stella will go on the run, knowing that Olympia is trying to have her killed.
- Despite having paid off the families, things won’t go smoothly for Bumpy. It seems like Joe is being set up as the potential villain of the season.
- We may or may not see or hear from Chin.