This article is a preview for National Treasure: Edge of History Season 1 Episode 8 and contains details about the release date, time, and where to watch online.
In our age of reboots, sequels, revivals, redos, and reimaginings, it was only a matter of time before the House of Mouse turned its attention to National Treasure, a brand made iconic in the mid-2000s thanks to two excellent Nic Cage movies that wove exciting treasure hunts and conspiracies around American history. National Treasure: Edge of History is a ten-part Disney+ series that reimagines the brand for the Gen Z crowd to… let’s say mixed results.
Here’s what happened in Episode 7:
- Jess and the gang went to Mexico, where they discovered that “Salazar” was really Jess’s father, Rafael. He gave Jess a clue to the next box, which turned out to be hidden in the pipe of a convent organ.
- All three boxes disassembled form a map, but Jess needs Rafael to read it. Unfortunately, Billie, who had the Alamo puzzle solved for her by a woman in jail, had already made contact with Rafael, so Jess now needs to break him out of prison for his own safety.
- Liam teamed up with Myles, who was having second thoughts about working with Billie.
National Treasure: Edge of History Season 1 Episode 6 release date/time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, January 25 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT, exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch National Treasure: Edge of History online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will National Treasure: Edge of History have?
National Treasure: Edge of History will have ten episodes. Here’s the full schedule.
Note: This is subject to change
- Episode 1 – Wednesday 14th December 2022
- Episode 2 – Wednesday 14th December 2022
- Episode 3 – Wednesday 21st December 2022
- Episode 4 – Wednesday 28th December 2022
- Episode 5 – Wednesday 4th January 2023
- Episode 6 – Wednesday 11th January 2023
- Episode 7 – Wednesday 18th January 2023
- Episode 8 – Wednesday 25th January 2023
- Episode 9 – Wednesday 1st February 2023
- Episode 10 – Wednesday 8th February 2023
The next episode is titled “Family Tree”. Here’s the official synopsis:
It’s a matter of life and death when Jess and her friends embark on their most impossible caper yet. Meanwhile, Liam teams up with his grandpa’s home care nurse, Myles, in a desperate attempt to bring down Billie and her secret organization before they harm Jess.
- From the synopsis, it seems pretty clear there’s going to be action on two fronts, with the gang in Mexico attempting to break Rafael out of prison while Liam and Myles attempt to use official means to hinder Billie.
- I suspect that Liam and Myles will run into Agent Ross in some capacity. I also predict in the long-term that the FBI, through Ross, will help with Jess’s immigration issue.
- Perhaps the biggest question here is whether Jess ends up with Liam or Ethan. Despite there still being some lingering connection between her and Ethan — especially on his part, he was clearly dying to tell her that he has broken up with Meena because he still loves her — I’m still leaning slightly towards the handsome songbird.