We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 4, and include the release date and where to watch online.
After an okay first episode, Tomo-Chan is a Girl! has consistently managed to get better, putting out another entertaining episode this week. This time around, we got a better idea of Jun (Kaito Ishikawa) and Tomo’s (Rie Takahashi) dynamic and how much he really seems to respect and care for her. Of course, he’s far too embarrassed to admit how he feels to her face, it was refreshing seeing a more vulnerable side of Jun. While he didn’t quite admit to having feelings, this episode definitely gives both viewers and Tomo a little more hope.
- Tomo wonders why her two best friends failed to tell her they ever dated and confronts Misuzu.
- Misuzu says back then, she hadn’t realized Tomo had a crush on Jun. After their first few dates, it was clear they didn’t have similar interests, but when she went to break up with him, he broke up with her first which is why she hates him.
- When Tomo asks, Jun denies having feelings for Misuzu or anyone else.
- The next day at school, Misaki comes running up to Tomo and Jun, and Jun finally realizes he is a boy. He violently shakes Misaki’s hand. Tomo realizes she forgot to tell him she transferred to the boys’ karate club.
- After school, Jun winds up waiting at the bus stop with Misaki. He invites Jun to join the karate club, but Jun turns the offer down, knowing he would never be able to beat Tomo in an official match with rules. He then goes on to praise her abilities before making Misaki promise not to tell anything he said to Tomo.
- Despite Jun’s tendency to intimidate her other male friends, Tomo is happy to see him and Misaki getting along, not realizing Misaki is still nervous around him.
- At a cafe, Misuzu warns Tomo that she needs to make a move before another girl does. She tells Tomo to ask him to hang out, but not anywhere active like the bowling alley or batting cages.
- Jun immediately says yes to hanging out and is thrilled by the idea.
- Misuzu and Carol take Tomo shopping for a date outfit that she can feel comfortable in without dressing like a guy.
- Tomo meets Jun in her new outfit, temporarily rendering him speechless.
- They end up at the batting cages and bowling alley before Tomo begins to fear this feels like all their usual hangouts and suggests trying something different, like karaoke.
- Even though Jun agrees, Tomo ends up feeling awkward in the karaoke room.
- After he reveals he always has fun hanging out with Tomo, she finally gets the courage to relax and enjoy herself.
- In the end, Jun never sang but recorded videos of Tomo instead. The episode ends with Jun rewatching the video while thinking there was something different about Tomo that day.
Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Episode 4 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Wednesday, January 25th, 2023. The release time is 1:00 p.m. ET The release time is 1:00 p.m. ET. The title of episode 4 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 4 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
I thought the Jun and Misuzu dating reveal would have more of an impact this week, but it was resolved much quicker than I imagined. Still, this week gave us a lot to process and think about as we try to figure out what Tomo and her friends will get into next episode.
- Tomo and Jun still have not officially been on a date, so I could see her trying her hand again. Maybe this time, Misuzu will be able to convince Tomo to ensure the outing is a date beforehand.
- Jun seemed intrigued by Tomo’s new look and more outgoing personality in the last episode. While before, it seemed like he had some feelings for her, he didn’t quite understand himself, with the way episode three ended, I predict that Jun will realize he may see Tomo as more than just a friend here soon. It would not surprise me if the revelation started this next episode, as he already can feel something is different.