We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 4 and include the release date and where to watch online.
After a fairly average showing, Buddy Daddies came back with a much better episode, reminding viewers that the heart of the series really comes from its three main characters. This time, we watched as Kazuki (voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga) tried to do the right thing and return Rei (voiced by Koki Uchiyama) to her mother, only to meet a woman with little to no interest in raising a child. Knowing what we know about his past, Kazuki clearly could not relate, but in the end, things worked out as he and Rei ended up bringing Miri (voiced by Hina Kino) back home with them. While everything seems good for now, there’s no telling what will happen when they have her full-time.
- Rei is woken up from a bad dream and flashback to eat breakfast. Kazuki informs him that he’s going to see Kyutaro about Miri’s mother. Rei wonders if he will really be able to give her back, but Kazuki insists they cannot take care of a kid because of the type of lives they live.
- Kyutaro gives Kazuki the information, hinting that he knows about Miri.
- At the park, Kazuki and Rei talk about their childhoods and Miri.
- Kazuki tells Miri not to call him Papa in public.,
- When a local officer approaches Miri on the swing, asking who she’s with, she refuses to call Kazuki Papa like she was told. On their way home, he explains in some situations, it is okay to call him or Rei that.
- Not wanting to sleep alone, Miri finds Rei asleep in the tub. She tries forcing Rei to smile, but he says he wasn’t brought up that way until she finally falls asleep in the tub.
- Kazuki and Rei drive Miri back to her mother. When they get to the correct city, Kazuki goes ahead to check out the mother’s place of work first, leaving Rei and Miri alone in the car.
- He finds Miri’s mother practicing inside a club where they’re both attacked by her boyfriend/ bar manager. Kazuki easily gets the upper hand, causing the man to run out of the bar.
- Miri forces Rei to take her to a nearby park. When he asks why she calls Kazuki Papa, she replies that a “Papa” is “the person who saves you when you’re in trouble!”
- Rei thinks back to the torture he endured from his own father in the name of training before realizing he’s lost Miri.
- Kazuki mentions Miri, and her mother informs him that she and her daughter are no longer anything to one another.
- As Kazuki grows upset, Miri’s mother reveals that she is not interested in caring for a child. She warns Kazuki that his way of thinking will get people hurt, prompting a flashback in Kazuki’s mind to a terrible explosion.
- Kazuki leaves after dropping his business card on the table.
- Rei searches for Miri, finally spotting her speaking with a couple of police officers who think she’s lost. He considers letting them take her in when she calls out to be saved by her Papa.
- Rei introduces himself to the police as Miri’s Papa, which surprises and delights Miri as she runs into his arms.
- After meeting up with Kazuki, Rei wonders what’s next, and Kazuki says they should grab dinner on the way home, confirming it will be a dinner for three.
- The episode ends with them eating dinner before Miri forces them to sleep together in the same bed.
Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Episode 4 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Friday, January 27th, 2023. The release time is 12:30 ET. The title of episode 4 is unknown, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 4 on with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
With no source material to fall back on, making predictions about this anime series can be challenging. I was somewhat right last week about Kyutaro knowing something about Miri but wasn’t as successful with my other predictions. Let’s see if we have better luck this week.
- Kyutaro is clearly upset with Kazuki and Rei. I have a feeling that this will begin to hurt their business relationship, probably resulting in fewer jobs. However, the lack of work might help them with raising Miri. I would not be surprised if the next episode contained less action in favor of a storyline more centered around her care, like enrolling Miri in school.
- This episode hinted quite a bit at Rei’s past. It seems he was raised to be an assassin his entire life, and after the introduction of last week’s mysterious but well-trained Ogino character, I can’t help but think we’re going to find out there’s a connection between these two if we see him again next week.