We discuss predictions for the Prime Video series The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episodes 4, 5, and 6, and include the release date and where to watch online.
The adult-animated series The Legend of Vox Machina is back for a second season, and Prime Video have treated us to a three-episode opener. In “The Sunken Tomb”, the Vox Machina gang hunt out a hidden tomb, in the hopes of finding a magical vestige that will help them defeat the dragon alliance of the Chroma Conclave. This installment finally delivers on the action and provides ample comedy as well. Things have gotten off to a rather uninspiring start, but hopefully, the show will continue to improve moving forwards. Here’s what happened in The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 3:
- Pike sees a vision of Emon that updates the gang on the Chroma Conclave’s latest plans. They have stolen all the city’s treasures and are now looking to expand to other areas of the realm.
- The gang decides to push forward with their search for the hidden tomb and the vestige within it. Vax finds the lake, but no tomb. Scanlan explores the frozen lake and is attacked by sea creatures. Slayer’s Take hunters Zahra and Kashaw save Scanlan. It would appear that they have been following the Vox Machina for days now.
- Keyleth and Zahra use their powers to separate the lake’s waters and uncover the tomb. They enter the tomb and try to dodge the many traps found inside. A door separates the gang. Meanwhile, Zahra and Kashaw plan to steal the vestige at the last minute.
- Flashbacks explore the childhood of twins Vax and Vex. Their father hated that they were half-elves and practically disowned them. The siblings ran away together but fell out with one another in a mysterious forest.
- The sea creatures attack again and utilize the strength of a mage, who can control water. Vex manages to kill the mage, whilst Grog slays the fish people with his dark sword Craven Edge. Pike notices that the sword has turned Grog evil.
- Vax and Vex are reunited, but Vex is annoyed by her brother’s overbearing nature. Pike questions Grog, but he seems ignorant of the sword’s powers.
- Zahra and Kashaw use the fight as a way of ditching the gang. They enter a sarcophagus and go hunting for the vestige alone.
- The Vox Machina finds the correct hidden tomb first though, and Percy unknowingly unleashes a hidden power from within the tomb. This power hits Vex, killing her instantly.
- Vax rushes to his sister’s side and breaks down in tears.
The Vox Machina Season 2 Episodes 4, 5 and 6 Release Date
The next three episodes are scheduled to release on Prime Video on Friday, January 27th, 2023. Episode 4 is titled “Those Who Walk Away” and will have a run time of 25 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episodes 4, 5, and 6 with a subscription to Prime Video on the date mentioned above.
- I would be very surprised if Vex is dead, she is a key member of the Vox Machina after all. Hopefully, Pike can heal her and bring her back to life. If she is dead, then Vax will be an emotional wreck and they may struggle to claim the vestige.
- It looks like Zahra and Kashaw have been led into a deadly trap. They will most likely be killed by this intricate trap and may never be found again.
- The gang will try to save Vex and collect the vestige before they are attacked again. They’ll take the vestige back to Osysa and await their next mission.
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 1 Recap
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 2 Recap
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 4 Recap
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 5 Recap
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2 Episode 6 Recap
- Is Mighty Nein a sequel to The Legend of Vox Machina?