We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Shrinking Season 1 Episode 3 and include the release date and where to watch online.
Shrinking is the latest, award-friendly comedy series from Apple TV+, starring Jason Segel as a grieving therapist, who decides to break the rules of his own profession and goes rogue. “Fortress of Solitude” saw Jimmy trying to reconnect with his daughter Alice (Lukita Maxwell), whilst friends and co-workers continued to meddle in their rocky father/daughter relationship. It was another solid installment, with some stellar acting and some hilarious comedy moments. Here’s what happened in Shrinking Episode 2:
- Jimmy invites Alice to a meal as he tries to repair their relationship. Alice is busy though, spending the night at neighbor Liz’s house. Liz has become a mother figure to Alice since her own mom died.
- Jimmy bails Sean out of jail after the soccer match assault. Sean asks for lawyer suggestions and Jimmy is forced to call his old best friend Brian. Awkwardly, they haven’t spoken in a year.
- At work, Jimmy continues his new style of therapy, taking a patient to face his fears head-on. Jimmy tries to avoid Paul and Grace, who don’t know about the fight.
- Brian manages to get Sean’s victim to drop assault charges. He’s ecstatic with the result and wants to celebrate, but Jimmy has work. He asks him to join him for a pickleball match that night, but Jimmy declines that invitation too. Brian interrupts a therapy session later in the episode to confront Jimmy about this rude rejection.
- Alice meets with Paul in secret to discuss their father. Paul advises Alice to face her grief head-on and to pretend to reconnect with Jimmy, to fake it ’til you make it. She decides to go to dinner with him after all.
- Gaby confronts Liz and tells her to back off of Alice. Alice tells Liz that she won’t be coming around for a meal tonight. She goes to have dinner with Jimmy, but he is off to play pickleball with Brian. They both skirt around the subject and go elsewhere.
- Jimmy reconnects with Brian. He admits that he ghosted Brian because his best friend was too optimistic, he just wanted to be miserable and grieve. Brian apologizes.
- Alice visits Paul, annoyed that Jimmy declined the meal invitation. Although Alice didn’t make the invitation obvious after all.
- Sean is kicked out by his parents and moves in with Jimmy. Clearly, Alice isn’t best pleased with this new arrangement.
Shrinking Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date and Time
Season 1 Episode 3 is scheduled to release on Apple TV+ on Friday, February 3rd, 2023. The release time is 12am PT. Episode 3 is titled “Fifteen Minutes” and will have a run time of 30 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Shrinking Season 1 Episode 3 with a subscription Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- Jimmy is trying to help out Sean, who is going through a rough patch. Yet Jimmy may have allowed Sean to move in for other, more selfish reasons. This may work as a great distraction for Jimmy, so he doesn’t have to work on his issues with Alice in private.
- The awkward dinner rejection may stall any progress between Jimmy and Alice, now they might just revert back to their old ways.
- Paul is starting to open up more and has allowed Alice into his safe space. He might invite Jimmy and Gaby around or open up more about his personal life at work.
- Jimmy will continue to make drastic changes to his therapy practice. This will eventually backfire though. One of his patients will take his advice but then have a complete meltdown afterward.