We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 6 and include the release date and where to watch online.
This week’s Buddy Daddies episode served as a way to clean up one of the last few problems keeping Kazuki (voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga) and Rei (voiced by Koki Uchiyama) from returning to work, and that was informing Kyutaro (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa) about Miri (voiced by Hina Kino). We should’ve guessed that he already knew what was going on, but it was fun to see Kazuki try so hard to hide the true nature of their relationship from him anyway.
- Things aren’t looking good for Kazuki and Rei’s finances as they haven’t picked up any jobs in a while.
- Kazuki resorts to begging Kyutaro for work, saying they’ll do anything. He starts by offering them small jobs like background checks and scouting.
- When a virus breaks out at daycare, Miri has to stay home for several days. She is given an assignment that requires her to ask what her parents do for work, but Kazuki and Rei hesitate to tell her.
- When Kazuki has to leave to do a job, Rei is left at home to watch Miri but is too tired to wake up. Miri sneaks out to follow Kazuki to see what he does for work.
- Miri stops to pet a dog, causing her to lose track of Kazuki.
- Rei wakes up to find that she is gone.
- While Kazuki and Rei search for her, Miri finds herself outside Kutaro’s cafe. He brings her inside.
- Kazuki and Rei return to Kyutaro’s cafe and find her sitting at the counter.
- Kyutaro asks how they’re handling the jobs he gave them and offers to watch Miri when it’s clear they’re struggling to handle the workload.
- Kazuki warns Miri not to call them “Papa” in front of Kyutaro or talk to him about them at all before they head off to a job.
- Miri asks Kyutaro if he knows what Kazuki and Rei do for work. He lies, saying Kazuki is a comedian and that Rei is an oil baron.
- While drawing a picture of their jobs, Miri slips up, calling Kazkui and Rei “Papa.” Kyutaro asks if there isn’t somewhere else she’d instead go or if other family members are looking for her, but she says she likes it with Kazuki and Rei and would like to stay with them forever.
- Kazuki and Rei return to the cafe to pick up Miri. In her sleep, she continues to call them Papa.
- Kyutaro reveals that he knows everything.
- Kyutaro says he had intended to take action, but after spending some time with Miri, he understands why they took her in.
- He warns that there can be consequences, especially if they betray the organization, and tells them not to regret it.
Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 6 Release Date and Time
Episode 6 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Friday, February 10th, 2023. The release time is 12:30 ET. The title of episode 6 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 6 on with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
I was right in assuming the Kyutaro would give the guys some small probationary assignments. I did not think that he would reveal that he knew everything this week, though I had suspected he already had any idea about Miri. Now that he knows, it feels like we can finally progress the assassin part of the story again.
- I was surprised to see Ogino this week. However, with him bumping into Miri and getting a good look at her face, I would not be surprised if he ended up taking a job to retrieve her for her real father’s family.
- Kyutaro mentioned the consequences of betraying the organization this week, and specifically how Rei should be familiar with them. I expect that we’ll learn more about that next week and superficially what Rei knows, maybe in the form of a flashback. While I don’t think he betrayed the organization, he seems to come from a crime family, and I suspect we’ll learn about a close family member that betrayed the organization.