We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Dear Edward Season 1 Episode 4 and include the release date and where to watch online.
Apple TV+ has adapted Ann Napolitano’s highly acclaimed novel of the same name, with three episodes debuting in one go. This latest original drama follows Eddie Adler (Colin O’Brien), the lone survivor of a plane crash, and the aftermath that follows this tragic event. The third episode saw the victims attempting to rebuild their own lives. Certain passengers left behind many secrets and a trail of chaos, which only adds to their grief. Unfortunately, these multiple storylines start to differ in quality, with some characters being a lot stronger than others. Here’s what happened in Dear Edward Season 1 Episode 3:
- The Adler family’s possessions are shipped to Lacey’s house. Shay decides to distract Eddie and they go to Manhattan to search for the stranger. She handed Eddie a shrunken head that is traced to a specific museum in the city. Visiting Eddie’s old city brings back painful memories though.
- Kojo and Becks are kicked out of their apartment, while they wait for the girl’s passport to come through. Kojo helps Adriana with her own issues and she offers them a room at her house in return. Adriana has decided to run for congresswoman and needs plenty of signatures. They help her gain votes and then fix her toilet too.
- Dee Dee and Linda head for Los Angeles. Dee Dee is investigating Charles’ secret condo, while Linda is meeting her boyfriend’s parents for the first time. They didn’t know that Gary was dating or that they are about to be grandparents either.
- Dee Dee is heartbroken at the condo, it is as if Charles led a different life, he was a different person there. She finds an address and hunts down Noelle, her husband’s lover. Noelle denies having an affair though, stating that Charles volunteered at her LGBTQ youth center. Dee Dee can’t believe what she is hearing and walks off in tears.
- Gary’s parents ask Linda to live with them and she runs away, freaked out by their advances. Dee Dee and Linda meet up and discuss their woes. Dee Dee has found a photograph that may prove that Charles was gay and having an affair.
- Eddie visits his old apartment block and the falafel stand, the one he used to go to with his brother. This overwhelms Eddie and he collapses. Back at home, he confesses to Lacey about the trip. She shouts at him and Eddie storms off.
- The stranger posts a letter for Eddie. Lacey’s partner John adds this letter to a hidden pile of letters they have been purposefully keeping from Eddie.
Dear Edward Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Episode 4 is scheduled to release on Apple TV+ on Friday, February 10th, 2023. The release time is 12 am PT. Episode 4 is titled “Chrysalis” and will have a run time of 53 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Dear Edward Season 1 Episode 4 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- The stranger seems to have a strong connection to Eddie and his family. My first guess was that she was Jordan’s girlfriend, as she brought up Jordan’s death, but I am unsure now. She seems to be writing to Eddie quite a lot and is going out of her way to meet him. Is she a super-fan or is there a more personal connection I am missing?
- Eddie isn’t coping very well with the grief and the overwhelming nature of his predicament. Lacey and John don’t seem to be helping out either. This boy needs therapy or counseling. Hopefully, he will get the help he needs, although Shay is definitely supporting Eddie through this tough time.
- Dee Dee and Linda seem to have gotten a few things off their chests, now they can move forward. Dee Dee will start to sell off her assets and Linda will look for new housing. It would be nice if Dee Dee helped Linda with her current circumstances, but I don’t think Dee Dee is quite there mentally just yet though.
- Eddie will attend public school and he will instantly be bullied. Shay will stand up for him, but this will only make Eddie more reserved and inward.
- Dear Edward Season 1 Episode 4 Recap
- Dear Edward Season 1 Review
- Is the book Dear Edward based on a true story?