We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
It was no surprise that the mysterious woman who showed up last week was somehow related to Kazuki’s (voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga) past, especially now that viewers have finally learned who Kazuki was sending money to. While Kazuki sorted out his business in this episode, Rei (voiced by Koki Uchiyama) was left to deal with Miri (voiced by Hina Kino) on his own, presenting its own challenges.
- Kazuki picks Miri up from school on a rainy day. She drops her umbrella, and Kazuki grabs her before she can chase after it.
- After doing most of the housework himself, Kazuki tells Rei he could help out more when it comes to Miri.
- At dinner, Rei and Miri complain about the food they don’t like; Kazuki grabs their plates, telling them they do not have to eat.
- As Rei and Miri whine more, Kazuki storms off angrily, asking if they think he is just there to be their maid.
- The next day, Kazuki leaves a note saying he will be out.
- Rei and Miri are forced to take care of Miri, making her breakfast before taking her to daycare on his bike.
- Kazuki hides out at Kyutaro’s cafe. Kyutaro tells him that his sister-in-law, Karin, has once again returned the money he sent.
- Kazuki gets drunk and gets into a fight where Karin stumbles onto him, asking if he is okay.
- Karin tells Kazuki they need to talk and that he cannot keep sending her money.
- Kazuki says that it is his fault Karin’s sister, Yuzuko, died. In a flashback, viewers see that Yuzuko was caught in an explosion while Kazuki was working a job.
- Rei wakes up the next day to find Miri has a fever, but Kazuki still has not come home. When he can’t find any medicine, he takes her to Kyutaro’s cafe.
- Kazuki runs into Karin at Yuzuko’s grave, where she encourages him to move on.
- Kazuki returns home to see the house is a mess before finding Miri and Rei asleep in her room.
- The following day after breakfast, they gift Miri an umbrella to replace the one she lost.
Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Episode 8 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Friday, February 24th, 2023. The release time is 12:30 ET. The title of episode 8 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
READ: Buddy Daddies Season 1 Review
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Buddy Daddies Season 1 Episode 8 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
I was right last week, assuming Karin was the woman refusing to accept Kazuki’s money. It all made sense after learning that she was Kazuki’s sister-in-law. Now that we’ve tied up Kazuki’s past, it will be interesting to see how it affects the rest of the season.
- Since this week focused on Kazuki, I would not be surprised if next week focused on Rei. We’ve seen hints of his past and strong upbringing, but there’s more to it than meets the eye.