We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 9, and include the release date and where to watch online.
After a fun beach episode, Tomo-Chan is a Girl! hit fans with another famous anime trope: the festival episode!
It was just as entertaining as the first, with Jun (Kaito Ishikawa) growing more unsure of his new feelings. While the audience can pretty much assume he’s slowly falling for Tomo (Rie Takahashi) or at least starting to see her as a girl, it may be a while before he does. Jun wasn’t the only person confused about their feelings this week, but Misuzu (voiced by Rina Hidaka) struggled with her feelings about Tomo, Jun, and even Carol.
- Since Summer break is almost over, Tomo, Misuzu, and Carol decide to have a sleepover. Misuzu dares Tomo to ask Jun to the upcoming fireworks show, just the two of them.
- Jun agrees, but Tomo is disappointed by how unenthused he sounds. Carol wonders if they are approaching this relationship in the best way.
- Jun lies in bed, embarrassed by how excited he is to see the fireworks with Tomo, but also assumes this wasn’t a romantic invitation.
- Jun and Tomo meet up, with him flustered by how nice she looks in her Yukata, and they play games.
- After accidentally bumping into some guys, they hit on Tomo, but Jun whisks her away.
- When Tomo tries to thank him, Jun apologizes, saying he knows Tomo could’ve handled them on her own. She explains that despite being strong, she cannot control every situation independently and thanks Jun again.
- Just before the fireworks start, Tomo tells Jun she has something to say. She hesitates, deciding how to say she wants Jun to be hers. Before she can figure out how to say it, the fireworks begin.
- Tomo thanks Jun for going to the fireworks with her. He still doesn’t understand his feelings for Tomo but decides that he will never be able to get into a fight with her ever again.
- After Tomo confesses that Jun has been extra careful around her lately, Carol tells Misuzu that their relationship is finally changing. Misuzu does not seem happy.
- Misuzu wonders what Carol’s motive is while slowly realizing how much things will change for her if Jun and Tomo end up together, making her frustrated enough to break her pencil.
- Still looking to get back at Tomo, the blonde jerk and his friends who tried to beat her up in episode four approach Misuzu. Before they can ask about Tomo, Carol appears.
- Carol ends up tasing the blonde leader before the two run off. They hide in an abandoned building, but with the group still after them, she calls Jun to help.
- Tomo forces Jun to tell her where he is going and demands to join him once she finds out. From a distance, Misaki eavesdrops and also overhears where they are going.
- Just as the blonde leader finds where Carol and Misuzu are hiding, Tomo shows up. At the same time, Jun begins taking on the remaining four friends, making easy work of the first.
- Misaki searches for Carol, and Misuzu accidentally stumbles upon Carol, undressed from changing out of her dirt-soiled clothes. Misunderstanding the situation, he finds himself furious and must be held back by Tomo and Jun before attacking the blonde leader.
- After the fight, Misuzu stays behind to confront the blonde leader and his friends.
- Jun waits for Misuzu outside the abandoned building, but when he brings up Tomo, Misuzu says she does not want to discuss it.
- The next day Tomo fears she may have ruined her progress with Jun after getting into a fight, but finds herself over the moon when he touches her shoulder normally again.
Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 9 Release Date and Time
Episode 9 is scheduled to release on Crunchyroll on Wednesday, March 1st, 2023. The release time is 1:00 p.m. ET. The title of episode 9 is unknown at this time, but it will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! Season 1 Episode 9 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
With each week, Jun grows more confused about his feelings, so that prediction is still up in the air. Although Tomo did not confront Jun about what he said last week when defending Carol specifically, the idea that he sees other girls as needing to be protected over her came up again this week, and she confronted him about that. So I wasn’t entirely wrong on that prediction. Still, let’s see if I have better luck this week.
- After seeing Misuzu threaten the blonde jerk and his friends, I feel they will fear her more than Tomo. It’s not uncommon in anime to see more minor side villains like this have a change of heart, either genuine or fear-based. By next week, I could see the guys becoming Misuzu’s bodyguards or lackeys.
- Considering we’ve gotten both a beach episode and a festival episode this season, all that’s left is the classic anime hot springs episode, so I’m speaking it into existence now. I would not be surprised if that were a part of the episode next week.