We discuss predictions for the HiDive anime series Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 4 Episode 21 and include the release date and where to watch online.
While it’s no secret that Ryuu (Saori Hayami) lost a lot in her time as an adventurer, this week’s episode finally showed viewers just how tragic her familia’s battle against the Juggernaut really was. It’s no wonder Bell (Yoshitsugu Matsuoka) struggled to get close to her at first, but now that we know why, we can also see how much Ryuu needed someone like him in her life as well. Easily one of the best episodes of the series thus far, Ryuu’s backstory was well worth the wait, no matter how devastating.
- The episode opens with a flashback of the Astrea family as they escape a series of explosions set by Jura, the Rudra Familia, and the radical organization, Evilus.
- The Juggernaut suddenly descends from an upper floor and immediately begins killing Astrea family members.
- Ryuu is knocked aside and forced to watch as the other members of her party are killed.
- After their first run-in with the Juggernaut, only Ryuu, Alise, Kaguya, and Lyra remained.
- Alise asks Kaguya and Lyra to lay down their lives to save Ryuu because “she always does the right thing.”
- After saying their goodbyes to Ryuu, the remaining familia members begin an assault on the Juggernaut with the help of her magic. Ultimately, all three women lose their lives just before Ryuu uses her Luminous Wind.
- The Juggernaut escapes up a tree and disappears.
- After the battle, Ryuu left in fear of attracting more monsters to the area. She returns to bury her friends later, discovering monsters have devoured their bodies.
- Ryuu vows to get justice against Jura, the Rudra familia, and everyone else involved.
- Not wanting Lady Astrea to see her be driven by her hateful emotions or stop her from exacting her plan, Ryuu begged her to leave Orario.
- Ryuu begins getting revenge on anyone she feels was involved in the death of her familia in hopes she would also die in the process.
- With no purpose lest after exacting her revenge, Ryuu lies in the streets, lost and contemplating death for her actions. It was around then, she says, that Syr came to rescue her.
- Ryuu awakens to Bell, pulling her arm out of a pile of rubble.
- Ryuu realizes the explosion destroyed the Colosseum floor, causing them to fall through and find a passageway underneath them.
- As Bell carries Ryuu through the passageway, she demands to know why he did not leave her behind. No matter how much she begs to be left to die in the dungeon, he continues walking forward.
- Bell reminds her of all the times she saved his life, calling her a hero.
- Suddenly, a Barbarian emerges from the rubble, attacking Bell. Ryuu begs for him to wake as the monster lifts him by his head, ready to devour him, before vanishing into a puff of defeated smoke.
- Bell then looks to Ryuu, apologizing, as he was playing dead to lure the monster in closer to stab it.
- At the end of the passageway, Ryuu and Bell discover an unmentioned water source on the 37th floor.
- Ryuu heals Bell after he passes out.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 4 Episode 21 Release Date and Time
Season 4 Episode 21 will be released on HiDive on Thursday, March 9th, 2023. The release time is 9:00 am ET. Episode 21 is titled “Daydream: A Sweet Lie” and will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 4 Episode 21, with a subscription to HiDive on the date mentioned above.
Although Ryuu begged Bell to leave her behind, she did not end up sacrificing herself, as I thought. If it’s up to Bell, he will not leave this dungeon without Ryuu, and I think I speak for most viewers when I say I hope he succeeds. However, with the end of the series looming, it’s getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel for these two.
- After finding this mysterious water source, I feel it might lead Bell to Marie. If that’s the case, it could be a way for the Xenos to find him and Ryuu and help them out of the lower floors.
- We haven’t seen Bell’s party in a few weeks, but we will see them again next episode, likely making their first encounter with the Juggernaut, who is still roaming around.