We discuss predictions for the HBO series The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 9, including the release date and where to watch online.
The end is near for The Last of Us Season 1, and Joel (Pedro Pascal) and Ellie (Bella Ramsey) have been through hell and back. This week, while Ellie hunts for food, she and Joel become chased by the guys they ran into earlier in the season. Here is everything that went down in The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 8.
- The episode begins with us meeting David, preaching to the camp about God. We quickly discover that James and David were among the crew, and Joel and Ellie got into a fight.
- After we find that out, we hear Alec’s daughter, the man Joel killed, speak up, saying she wants to bury her father. David says the ground is too hard, and they will in the spring.
- Ellie is hunting for food to survive and struggles with attempting to shoot a bunny. However, she sets her eyes on a deer she can shoot, but the deer whimpers away.
- David and James stumble across that deer, but Ellie tells them to escape it. One thing leads to another, and they trade the deer for medical supplies.
- Upon returning to camp, James told everyone they found the people who killed Alec. Then, David is forced to lay the law down and say they will set sail for them in the morning.
- The crew arrives to track down Ellie and Joel, and Ellie hears them. She leaves Joel with a knife as she tries to escape on the horse.
- Ellie doesn’t make it far when James shoots the horse. He and a group of guys are hovering over her, about to kill her, when David stops them.
- David takes Ellie and a few guys back to base while the others look for Joel.
- As the men are on the hunt for Joel, Joel gets the best of them by killing them one by one. The last two men, tied up to find out where they would’ve taken Ellie and finished them off.
- David tries to plead with Ellie, but she doesn’t have it.
- Sick of her s**t, David and James come in to chop up Ellie. However, she tells them she’s infected and just bit him, so he is too. It freaks out James and David long enough for her to grab the knife, kill James, and run.
- After a game of cat and mouse, David seems to get the best of Ellie until she takes the knife to him repeatedly.
- The episode ends with an embrace of Joel and Ellie as they are on the road again.
The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 9 Release Date and Time
Episode 9 is scheduled to release on HBO on March 12th, 2023. The release time is 8:00 PM EST. Episode 9 is titled “Look for the Light” and will have a run time of 44 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers can catch The Last of Us Season 1 Episode 9 on HBO on the abovementioned date.
- Joel and Ellie are finally able to make it back to Tommy.
- Tommy tells the camp the truth about Ellie.
- The season ends with a massive cliffhanger.