It’s back! And while the wait hasn’t quite seemed so long since The Book of Boba Fett essentially morphed into The Mandalorian Season 2.5 without warning, it’s still nice to see Mando and Grogu back on our screens. With a redemption arc, reams of fan service to play with, and more appetite than ever for small-screen Star Wars after recent successes, the latest season of The Mandalorian has all the potential of a being another mega-hit for the House of Mouse.
Here’s what happened in The Mandalorian Season 3, Episode 2:
- Mando and Grogu briefly checked in with Peli Motto in search of the missing IG-11 part. However, she suggested he take the astromech droid R5-D4 with him to the service of Mandalore, since he was apparently “built for adventure.”
- Mando, Grogu, and R5 headed to Mandalore. Shortly after arriving, Mando was jumped by some creatures we later learn are called Alamites, and was quickly captured by a cyborg insectoid in a giant spider-tank. Grogu was able to escape and returned to summon Bo-Katan.
- Grogu and Bo-Katan were able to rescue Mando and kill his captor. Bo-Katan then offered to take him to the Living Waters beneath the Mines of Mandalore.
- When Mando bathed in the Living Waters, he was quickly dragged deep beneath the surface. Bo-Katan rescued him, but during their ascent, she spotted a living Mythosaur, an ancient dragon species thought to be extinct.
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 3 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to be released on Wednesday, March 15 at 12 am PT, 3 am ET, and 8 am GMT, exclusively on Disney+.
Where to watch The Mandalorian Season 3 online
This series is exclusive to Disney+ and can only be watched on the platform with a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will The Mandalorian Season 3 have?
Consistent with previous seasons, the third season of The Mandalorian will have eight episodes. The premiere debuted on March 1, 2023, and subsequent episodes will continue on a weekly cadence. Here’s the full schedule:
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 1 — March 1, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 2 — March 8, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 3 — March 15, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 4 — March 22, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 5 — March 29, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 6 — April 5, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 7 — April 12, 2023
The Mandalorian Season 3 Episode 8 — April 19, 2023
While there is (predictably) no official synopsis, we can nonetheless make some logical assumptions about where things may go in the future:
- I suspect Mando will have to “tame” the mythosaur. If we get a sequence of him riding it into battle, Star Wars fandom is going to go erupt.
- The existence of the Mythosaur presumably means all kinds of things for the future of Mandalore. It may herald another Civil War for leadership. Bo-Katan is still eager to reclaim her throne but she needs to win the Darksaber in combat to do it.
- We’re working on a feature theorizing that Satine potentially killed Bo-Katan’s father in order to end the cycle of warrior codes that she felt was holding the culture back. Expect more of Bo-Katan’s family history to come to the fore in subsequent episodes.