This article previews Lucky Hank Season 1 Episode 4 and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
The new AMC dramedy Lucky Hank stars Bob Odenkirk as the chair of an English department at a fictional Pennsylvania college. He’s a novelist who, unfortunately, has only written one book and none since, so he’s deeply resentful of his current position and the success of everyone around him, especially his estranged literary scholar father, Hank Snr, who is on the cusp of retirement and is trying to bond with him.
The series is kick-started by Hank being ousted as the department chair and then, through a twist of fate, immediately being re-elected. That’s just the start of his titular “luck”, so to speak, but whether he could actually be considered truly lucky is a matter for some debate.
Here’s what happened in Lucky Hank Season 1 Episode 3:
- Hank was shocked to discover a moving pod outside his garage that contained the contents of his father’s office.
- In the pod, Hank found letters to his mother which proved she had been corresponding with his father for years. When he confronted her about it, she revealed that she had invited Hank Snr back to Railton and he had accepted.
- Pending cuts caused chaos in Railton College’s English department.
- Hank lied to Meg about not being able to give her any classes in the Fall. She drowned her sorrows, got very drunk, and tried to entice Hank into bed.
- Lily decided to take the job interview in New York.
Lucky Hank Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date/Time
The latest episode will be available on AMC on April 9, 2022, at 9 pm ET.
Where to watch Lucky Hank online
As mentioned above, Lucky Hank is an AMC show. AMC is available with most cable providers and is also offered as part of the channel lineups for live TV streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, and YouTube TV.
The show is also available on AMC+, which requires a subscription.
Is there a trailer?
There is! You can watch it here:
How many episodes will Lucky Hank have?
Lucky Hank will have eight episodes. Here’s the full release schedule:
- Episode 1 “Pilot”, Mar. 19
- Episode 2 “George Saunders”, Mar. 26
- Episode 3 “Escape”, Apr. 2
- Episode 4 “The Goose Boxer”, Apr. 9
- Episode 5 “The Clock”, Apr. 16
- Episode 6 “The Arrival”, Apr. 23
- Episode 7 “The Count of Monte Cristo”, Apr. 30
- Episode 8 “The Chopping Block”, May 7
Who is in the cast?
- Bob Odenkirk as William Henry “Hank” Devereaux Jr.
- Mireille Enos as Lily Devereaux
- Oscar Nuñez as Dean Jacob Rose
- Jackson Kelly as Bartow Williams-Stevens
- Suzanne Cryer as Gracie DuBois
- Cedric Yarbrough as Paul Rourke
- Shannon DeVido as Emma Wheemer