This article previews Succession Season 4 Episode 3 and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Back for its fourth and probably final season, HBO‘s gargantuan mega-hit Succession remains in exquisite form. The hysterical but terrifying drama, about a deeply dysfunctional media family and their attempts to ruin one another, is as much a skewering of old money as it is of new media, and the show has remained a critical darling and a fan favorite since its debut in 2018.
Here’s what happened in Succession Season 4 Episode 2:
- On the cusp of GoJo acquiring Waystar, Sandi and Stewy pitched to the Roy siblings that the board could vote against the deal with a mind to squeezing more money out of Lukas Matsson. It’s a terrible idea that puts the entire sale at risk and would have terrible ramifications for the acquisition of the Pierce estate so of course Shiv, Kendall, and Roman end up considering it.
- Connor’s wedding rehearsals were derailed by Willa’s general disinterest in being there, so the remaining Roys took Connor out to a karaoke bar (while still discussing the deal.)
- Logan’s attempts at apologies to his kids, mainly to talk them out of this terrible idea, largely fell on deaf ears. Roman, though, seems like an easy mark for Logan, so the patriarch invited him to visit Matsson with him in person.
- Kerry tried to become an ATN anchor with a woeful audition tape that led to Greg dismissing her on the basis of feedback from a made-up focus group. She didn’t take it well.
Succession Season 4 Episode 3 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to release on HBO and HBO Max on Sunday, April 9, at 9 pm ET.
Where to watch Succession online
As mentioned above, Succession is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max.
Is there a trailer?
There is! And you can watch it right here:
How many episodes will Succession Season 4 have?
Like the previous seasons — except the third, which had nine — Succession Season 4 will have ten hour-long episodes. The full release schedule can be found below:
- Episode 1: March 26, 2023
- Episode 2: April 3, 2023
- Episode 3: April 10, 2023
- Episode 4: April 17, 2023
- Episode 5: April 24, 2023
- Episode 6: May 1, 2023
- Episode 7: May 8, 2023
- Episode 8: May 15, 2023
- Episode 9: May 22, 2023
- Episode 10: May 29, 2023
- Kerry seems slightly delusional, or perhaps her proximity to power has just made her used to things being a certain way, but it’s interesting how Logan delegated the responsibility of letting her down. He also defended her multiple times throughout the episode. Is he eyeing her up for something?
- Roman will doubtlessly take Logan’s offer, creating the first breakdown in the Roy sibling triumvirate.
- It seems pretty inevitable that the GoJo deal with fall through, meaning that the kids can’t afford to pay for PGM.
- The bitterness between Tom and Shiv continues apace with Shiv continuing to get the short end of the stick, which is a trend I suspect may continue.