We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Drops of God Season 1 Episode 3, including the release date and where to watch online.
Apple TV+ has debuted two installments of Drops of God, the streaming site’s latest international co-production. This series is based on a widely successful manga series about wine and tells the story of competitors Camille Leger (Fleur Geffrier) and Issei Tomine (Tomohisa Yamashita).
In “Sky, Earth, Humans,” the two competitors train for their first showdown, which will go towards one of the two inheriting Alexandre Leger’s (Stanley Weber) estate and lucrative wine collection.
It’s a fascinating setup that includes some beautiful imagery and gripping drama. Here’s what happened in Drops of God Episode 2:
- Camille travels to Philippe’s vineyard to be trained up on wine. Philippe is rude towards Camille, who has interrupted his harvest. Philippe’s son Thomas shows her around; he will be training her.
- Thomas has three weeks to train Camille, but she refuses to drink alcohol. The family were unaware of this problem but decided to help her anyway.
- Issei interviews for a consultant oenologist role in Tokyo, demonstrating his impeccable wine tasting expertise. Camille doesn’t stand a chance. Unfortunately, Issei doesn’t get the job though.
- Camille is examined and given an MRI scan. It is revealed that Camille associates alcohol and food with trauma, which causes the nosebleeds and collapsing. Her taste is linked to this trauma.
- Camille decides to leave but gets into an argument with Philippe. He explains his anger towards her. He shows her a horrid email she sent Alexandre, but Camille’s mother actually sent it.
- Camille changes her mind, determined to win the competition. She decides to use scent instead of taste. Thomas trains her sense of smell, unlocking her dormant memories. She has an excellent sense of smell, trained by Alexandre all those years ago.
- Issei’s grandfather orders Issei to pull out of the competition and to stop the wine business.
- Camille meets Thomas’ girlfriend, Juliette. She supplies wine samples. Camille struggles to sense the aromas, though.
- She goes on a trip with Philippe to reconnect with nature and then tries again. Camille smells fern, one of the aromas from the wine in Tokyo, her first clue.
- After two more weeks, Camille’s wine skills have progressed greatly, but it is still not enough.
- Camille remembers drinking wine as a child, she blamed Alexandre, but it wasn’t actually his fault.
- In the present, she drinks the wine and loves the taste.
Drops of God Season 1 Episode 3 Release Date and Time
Episode 3 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 28th, 2023, at midnight PT. Episode 3 is titled “Duel” and will have a run time of 53 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Drops of God Season 1 Episode 3 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the abovementioned date.
- Having unlocked old memories and forgotten skills, Camille is more determined than ever to win the competition. She also wants to learn more about her father, who she has misjudged. Hopefully, Camille can learn to drink wine again, which will help her beat Issei.
- Once she has started to drink wine safely again, she will train her palate and become a wine expert before it is too late.
- Issei will return to Alexandre’s lawyer for the follow-up test. Camille will travel to Tokyo for this duel. They will battle one another in a blind wine taste test. Issei will easily defeat Camille, but there are still more tests to come.