We discuss predictions for the Crunchyroll anime series The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 Episode 5, including the release date and where to watch online.
Season 2, Episode 4 was a learning experience for both Chise (Atsumi Tanezaki) and the viewers as we got a lot more insight into why Elias (Ryota Takeuchi) is the way that he is.
It seems Rahab (Kotono Mitsuishi) had more influence over him than we previously thought, teaching Elias almost everything he knows about fitting in with humans.
Had she been able to teach him emotions as well, he may not have felt he needed Chise, but luckily that was not the case, as it’s clear that Chise has significantly influenced Elias’ life in the short period she’s been with him.
- Chise and Ruth are transported to a mysterious place that seems to be in the middle of a body of water. As a house appears in front of them, Chise comments that the place seems familiar, while Ruth informs her that he cannot sense Stella’s presence.
- A woman appears in front of them and introduces herself as Rahab. She says she is a mage, sorcerer, and even demon of the sea, but fans will recognize her as Lindel’s master.
- Rahab says the last time Elias visited Rahab, he requested that she teach him, as he was struggling to understand humans and how to live amongst them.
- Afraid of the idea that Chise would keep putting her life on the line, Elias asked Chise to wear his necklace in hopes she’d be more careful if she were carrying something that was considered important to someone else.
- As she leaves, Rahab asks Chise not to tell Elias they’ve met because she does not want him to know that she was secretly surveilling him.
- Elias has a centaur named Giumph show him and Chise a secret back passage to get to the College.
- As they travel, Giumph and Elias explain that back passages are channels through the realm that can be quite dangerous to navigate because they distort space and time.
- During their passage, they encounter vicious monster-like guards called Hound Dogs that can prevent passage without a contract of agreement.
- The episode ends with several students inquiring about Chise for different reasons and Chise’s roommate, Lucy, waking up from a nightmare.
The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 Episode 5 Release Date and Time
Season 2, Episode 5, will be released on Crunchyroll on Thursday, May 4th, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. ET. Episode 5 is titled “First impressions are the most lasting” and will have a run time of approximately 23 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 Episode 5 with a subscription to Crunchyroll on the date mentioned above.
My predictions couldn’t have been more wrong last week as it turned out Chise and Ruth were never in danger at all. While that was the case this time around, it doesn’t mean it will continue to be, especially as we see more and more people around the school with secrets.
- After learning about back passages this week, I could easily see Chise veering off the allowed path while using one and either getting in trouble with Hound Dogs or ending up lost somewhere in time because of it.
- With so many students seeming interested in Chise, I could see one or two of them working with whoever we saw enter the basement a few episodes back. It’s clear that somebody at the college has it out for her, but we don’t know who or why yet.