We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series Drops of God Season 1 Episode 4, including the release date and where to watch online.
The first round of Alexandre’s competition concludes dramatically in “Duel.” Camille (Fleur Geffrier) travels to Tokyo for some last-minute training while Issei’s family tries to persuade the wine expert to pull out of the competition.
It’s another tense installment as the two wine proteges battle it out for Alexandre’s fortune. Here’s what happened in Drops of God Season 1 Episode 3:
- Camille starts to drink endless bottles of wine to pinpoint the one she tasted in Tokyo. She has identified numerous aromas, but they are still no closer to an answer.
- Philippe considers a rare wine called Lignage that Andre Gigon made, but the last bottle has already been sold off at auction. Thomas and Camille travel to Gigon’s for answers. His son believes the 1987 vintage may be the one.
- In Tokyo, Issei meets with a reporter to announce that he is withdrawing from the competition to focus on his family’s diamond business. Yurika, the reporter, convinces him to think through the decision first.
- Camille reunites with Luca and is introduced to his nephew Lorenzo. Camille thinks she knows the right wine but needs to taste it first. Luca plans to collect the wine from Osaka and present it to a wealthy businessman that night.
- Camille serves the wine and sneaks a quick sniff of the alcohol. She still needs to taste it to be sure, though. They wait until the end of the night, and there are mere drops left. Camille tastes it, realizing that this is not the right wine.
- She phones Thomas to tell him the bad news and says she misses him. He travels to Tokyo the next day. The gang goes back to the drawing board. Thomas realizes the missing aroma is truffle, not celery root.
- Issei’s parents try to convince him to step down from the competition. Issei calls his father a coward and refuses to withdraw. Wine is his life.
- At Alexandre’s home, the competitors try the wine once more. They write down the same wine but in different years. Issei chose 1999, and Camille went with 2000. Issei is the winner of the first round.
- Honoka sees the results on the news. She shouts at Hirokazu, who is unable to persuade his son to withdraw. Hirokazu hands in his belongings, possibly to go and commit suicide.
Drops of God Season 1 Episode 4 Release Date and Time
Episode 4 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, May 5th, 2023, at midnight PT. Episode 4 is titled “Foundation” and will have a run time of 58 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch Drops of God Season 1 Episode 4 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the abovementioned date.
- I think it’s pretty clear that poor Hirokazu has decided to kill himself. His suicide note will urge Issei to follow his dreams. Issei will be heartbroken by the death.
- Camille and Issei will meet for the next round of the test after the funeral. I’m sure this round will be even tougher than the last. Camille will utilize her new friendship group, and Issei will proceed alone.
- Camille will discover more about her father’s past, and she will learn more about the wine industry in general. She will apologize for pursuing Thomas, although he may be falling for her as well.