We discuss predictions for the Paramount+ series Rabbit Hole Season 1 Episode 8, including the release date and where to watch online.
The penultimate episode of the freshman season of Rabbit Hole is a wild ride. “Gilgamesh” takes time to decipher because the series can change immediately after watching one scene.
John Weir’s paranoia goes into hyperdrive, and we are unsure what is real and what he has fabricated in his mind.
Here is what happened in Rabbit Hole Season 1, Episode 7:
- Initially, we think Valence is alive because someone claiming to be him messages John. However, we learn he is dead, and Crowley has been sending messages using Valence’s identity on the app.
- Kyle takes John to Crowley at gunpoint, but the man we think is Crowley is a stooge used as a frontman by the real villain. Crowley accuses Ben of being behind the shared data act and Valence’s death, claiming he bought shares in Arda to make himself rich.
- Valence sends John a Gilgamesh tablet he had in his office before his suicide, and Homm finds a computer chip inside it. It contains a message from Valence confirming that Crowley, not Ben, is behind the shared data act. He killed himself to give John a chance to save himself.
- Ever’s briefcase holds data on people Crowley has been blackmailing, including high-ranking government officials and politicians. We assume Hailey gave this information to Maddie to prove John’s innocence.
- However, when Maddie gives it to her boss, he offers her a promotion to the criminal division if she forgets the file ever existed. Maddie accepts.
- Instead of waiting, Ben tells the team they must stop Crowley before the shared data act passes.
- A true crime podcaster/conspiracy theorist insists that Homm is still alive, and Edwards likes the attention because the media personality calls him a hero.
Rabbit Hole Season 1 Episode 8 Release Date and Time
Episode 8 will be released on Paramount+ on Sunday, May 7th, 2023, at 3:00 a.m. ET. The title and runtime of Episode 8 are unknown at this time.
Where to watch online
Rabbit Hole can be watched exclusively on Paramount+ with a subscription. The streaming platform has plans as low as $4.99 a month. New streaming customers can get a 7-day free trial or a Walmart+ subscription plan.
- Homm calls the podcast because he loves the new spotlight, which hurts the operation.
- It should be noted that Ben was gone from the safe house when John supposedly talked to the real Crowley over the earpiece.
- Could Ben be Crowley? I still say no, but the season will have to end with a major reveal, and this could be worth watching out for.
- Maddie’s infatuation with John Weir is bizarre and goes to Neil McCauley and Vincent Hanna levels. Why does she want to be involved in his case to these extreme levels? Could she be a Crowley plant designed to track Weir’s every move? I say yes.
- Hailey cannot just be a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. The character is being used to humanize the John Weir character, but is she just a “flat” character? I think she could be another Crowley plant swayed to help John because she is fond of him.
- However, let’s get really crazy — how about everything is in John’s head? A product of the trauma of child abandonment causing his “magical thinking.”
- Why was Ben watching John from afar? Could John be a dormant product of Ben’s Algorithms of Control, ready to spring back into action? A lifetime test case study of who is about to be manipulated into doing something criminal? I say no, but I will not discount the possibility.