This article previews Succession Season 4 Episode 8 and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Back for its fourth and probably final season, HBO‘s gargantuan mega-hit Succession remains in exquisite form. The hysterical but terrifying drama, about a deeply dysfunctional media family and their attempts to ruin one another, is as much a skewering of old money as it is of new media, and the show has remained a critical darling and a fan favorite since its debut in 2018.
Here’s what happened in Succession Season 4 Episode 7:
- Everyone got together at a pre-election party where Kendall tried to find more angles in his efforts to tank the GoJo deal.
- Through Ebba, Kendall and Roman learned that Matsson had completely fudged his subscriber numbers in India, meaning that the acquisition is potentially illegal.
- Shiv, who unbeknownst to her brothers has been playing both sides and feeding information to Matsson, is terrified to hear this news. When Tom heard that she and Matsson had been planning to replace him as head of ATN, they had an incredibly nasty argument.
- Knowing that the GoJo deal is shaky, Kendall decided to pull off a “reverse Viking” by having Waystar acquire GoJo — without the knowledge of his siblings.
Succession Season 4 Episode 8 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to release on HBO and HBO Max on Sunday, May 14, at 9 pm ET.
Where to watch Succession online
As mentioned above, Succession is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max.
Is there a trailer?
There is! And you can watch it right here:
How many episodes will Succession Season 4 have?
Like the previous seasons — except the third, which had nine — Succession Season 4 will have ten hour-long episodes. The full release schedule can be found below:
- Episode 1: March 26, 2023
- Episode 2: April 3, 2023
- Episode 3: April 10, 2023
- Episode 4: April 17, 2023
- Episode 5: April 24, 2023
- Episode 6: May 1, 2023
- Episode 7: May 8, 2023
- Episode 8: May 15, 2023
- Episode 9: May 22, 2023
- Episode 10: May 29, 2023
- As predicted, it looks like Gerri is going to be causing some problems. I wonder — since it’s Roman she’s annoyed with, will Kendall scoop her up, only further isolating him from his siblings?
- Shiv and Tom seem to be beyond reconciliation now, which means that the matter of who either of them sides with is up for discussion. It’s easy to assume that Greg will just follow Tom, but I do wonder if one of the late-game “twists” might be the ascension of Cousin Greg at Tom’s expense.
- Matsson is just too erratic and full of himself to come off well here, isn’t he? Will he take Shiv down with him?