We discuss predictions for the Apple TV+ series The Last Thing He Told Me Season 1 Episode 7, including the release date and where to watch online.
“When We Were Young” is the penultimate episode of The Last Thing He Told Me. In the latest installment, Hannah (Jennifer Garner) and Bailey (Angourie Rice) discover the truth about Owen’s past.
He was caught up with the mob and a dodgy start-up company (how unlucky can one man be?). Owen tried to protect his family from this criminal life, but it has all monumentally backfired on him since.
The series tries to offload all this information entertainingly. Yet, it struggles to make the backstory intriguing, and the cast is hard to care about as we trundle toward the finale. Here’s what happened in The Last Thing He Told Me Season 1, Episode 6:
- Flashbacks explain how Owen first met Nicholas, his future father-in-law.
- In the present, Grady updates Hannah on Nicholas’ criminal history. He is the notorious mob lawyer for the Campano crime organization. Owen had to disappear after setting them up. He also kept track of everything at The Shop so that he could keep himself out of jail there as well.
- Grady informs Hannah that she is in danger. She needs to go into witness protection.
- Bailey finds her aunt, Andrea Reyes. The aunt tells a similar story to the one Grady is telling Hannah.
- Owen looked up to Nicholas. He created an encrypted system so Nicholas could secretly communicate with his criminal clients. Nicholas was caught up with the mob, and it is possible that they killed Kate or were involved in her death somehow. Owen blamed Nicholas for Kate’s death.
- He decided to rat on Nicholas, using the encrypted messages as evidence. 8 key players in the organization were jailed, and because Nicholas refused to talk, he ended up serving six years behind bars too.
- Grady explains that Owen tried to get into witness protection, but his identity was leaked before the transition. Owen then took matters into his own hands, creating new lives for himself and Bailey.
- Hannah calls Jules, asking her to speak with Bobby. He tells them that Bailey is probably at her aunt’s.
- Grady drives to Andrea’s home. Nicholas is also on his way there too. Grady gets there first, though.
- While filling out the paperwork for witness protection, Hannah has a brainwave. She calls Jules, asking about Owen’s will. Hannah is down as Bailey’s guardian, as are Charlie and Andrea if Hannah cannot fulfill this duty.
- Hannah decides to flee the station and takes a taxi to the Never Dry. She meets with Charlie and asks to be taken to see Nicholas.
The Last Thing He Told Me Season 1 Episode 7 Release Date and Time
Episode 7 will be released on Apple TV+ on Friday, May 19th, 2023, at midnight PT. Episode 7 is titled “Sanctuary” and will have a run time of 37 minutes.
Where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Last Thing He Told Me Season 1 Episode 7 with a subscription to Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- Hannah is planning on speaking with Nicholas. She has considered witness protection but thinks it will again ruin Bailey’s life. She wants Bailey to have a full and content life after all this heartache. Hannah will try to convince Nicholas to let Bailey be free from this criminal enterprise.
- Nicholas wants Owen to pay for what he has done, but I imagine he also loves Bailey. I can’t see him punishing Bailey to get to Owen. Maybe he will reach an agreement with Hannah so that they both prosper from the situation.
- Owen will finally reach out to Hannah, revealing his master plan. Will he be able to prove his innocence and stop the mob from fighting back? It’s a lot to undertake in one episode of TV, though.