This article previews Succession Season 4 Episode 9 and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Back for its fourth and probably final season, HBO‘s gargantuan mega-hit Succession remains in exquisite form. The hysterical but terrifying drama, about a deeply dysfunctional media family and their attempts to ruin one another, is as much a skewering of old money as it is of new media, and the show has remained a critical darling and a fan favorite since its debut in 2018.
Here’s what happened in Succession Season 4 Episode 8:
- The episode revolved entirely around election night and whether Democratic frontrunner Daniel Jiménez or far-right conservative challenger Jeryd Mencken would become the next President of the United States.
- ATN were siding for Mencken. Roman agreed to give him favorable coverage if he lost; in return, Mencken agreed to block the GoJo acquisition if he won.
- A Wisconsin voting center burned down, giving ATN the opportunity to call the election early in favor of Mencken.
- Connor dropped out of the race and publicly endorsed Mencken.
- Cousin Greg exposed Shiv’s backroom relationship with Matsson.
- ATN called the election early which may well come back to bite them when the votes are counted.
Succession Season 4 Episode 9 Release Date/Time
The latest episode is scheduled to release on HBO and HBO Max on Sunday, May 21, at 9 pm ET.
Where to watch Succession online
As mentioned above, Succession is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max.
Is there a trailer?
There is! And you can watch it right here:
How many episodes will Succession Season 4 have?
Like the previous seasons — except the third, which had nine — Succession Season 4 will have ten hour-long episodes. The full release schedule can be found below:
- Episode 1: March 26, 2023
- Episode 2: April 3, 2023
- Episode 3: April 10, 2023
- Episode 4: April 17, 2023
- Episode 5: April 24, 2023
- Episode 6: May 1, 2023
- Episode 7: May 8, 2023
- Episode 8: May 15, 2023
- Episode 9: May 22, 2023
- Episode 10: May 29, 2023
- Calling the election for Mencken is undoubtedly going to backfire once the votes are counted.
- I imagine Shiv will turn to Matsson now since who else does she really have to turn to?
- I’m still leaning towards Kendall sitting pretty at the end of the season having destroyed his entire family and become the person he keeps pretending he’s afraid to be.